“Quiet hotel in centre of London.”

Grand Royale London Hyde Park
Ranked #269 of 1,069 Hotels in London
San Roque, Andalucia, Spain
“Quiet hotel in centre of London.”
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Located in quiet side street off Hyde Park. It's an old building, lots of wood panelling etc. the reception staff are friendly and helpful. Our room on 6th floor was small with a massive bed. The decor is clean and well kept. Room facilities more than adequate, flat screen tv, kettle etc. the only drawback was lack of double glazing. Our room had French doors rather than a window and they didn't shut properly, but there were very heavy curtains that sort of made up for it. Probably not allowed to make too many changes to the building?

Two minute walk to nearest tube station on Central Line, about 10 mins to Oxford Circus.

Breakfast was fantastic. Good choice of tinned fruit, fresh fruit, yoghurt, ham, cheese, cooked breakfast, cakes and assortment of breads.

On our last day the hotel was happy to look after our luggage all day.

Room Tip: My friends were on fifth floor and got a tiny bed which they weren't happy with.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 26 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

Our mission is to make your stay memorable in every way, and your comments will provide us with the information we need to maintain our high level of service.

We look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Grand Royale London Hyde Park in the not too distant future.

Ankur Sehgal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (850)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Lerwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Staff were very friendly the room was slightly squished but clean, comfy bed and quiet (we requested a quiet room in the hotel)
The breakfast buffet was fantastic and building is beautiful, such and interesting history and beautiful original public rooms.
Very good value as we booked witha special offer. Fantastic location, would love to stay here again :)

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you staying with us at the Grand Royale.

We are pleased to know that your stay with us was pleasant and your feedback will be shared with the team which will help us to maintain our service level.

We hope to see you back some time in future and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

I was very disappointed by this hotel.

The main reason for this was the fact that I had booked and expected a "Deluxe" room (according to my booking.com information sheet "The Deluxe room" is larger than a superior room"!

All I can say is god help those that book a superior room! as I can only assume that a superior room is just slightly better than a broom closet !.

My so called Deluxe room had a bed that possibly was only 4 - 5 inches larger than a single bed, of which was pushed up against the window! I only had 1 small hand luggage overnight bag, thank goodness as this took up the remaining space in the room!

The duvet cover (a single) was as thin as a pancake, the pillows were hard and mattress uncomfortable!
Despite the hotel apparently being a non-smoking hotel, someone somewhere was happily puffing away. As a non-smoker I do not like the smell of cigarettes in my bedroom.

The very word definition taken from the dictionary of "deluxe" is "special elegance, sumptuousness, or fineness; high or highest in quality, luxury.

By selling the room as "Deluxe" can only be seen as a breach of trading standards!

The public areas whilst containing some stunning historic architecture has been set out with chairs like some kind of Doctors waiting room, and do lend for any social interaction or comfortable seating arrangement whatsoever.
The bar area has some token gesture historic theatre seating , poorly laid out table chair seating arrangement and a large flat screen TV for the barman to enjoy !.

Sadly I did not sleep well and feel cheated by their sales material , I still cannot believe that they are calling room 409 a "Deluxe " room.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel !
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank AlanCoxon
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we are very sorry to read your disappointment.

May I kindly request you to please contact me on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk in order to investigate the issues & provide an amicable solution!

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies for all the trouble caused & we look forward to your prompt response in this matter.

Thank you for your patience.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

I was surprised to be sent by taxi to the Grand Royale after booking at the Best Western Shaftsbury Paddington, but actually it was very good. Grand surroundings and modern well fitted clean room together with excellent breakfast - thankfully complimentary because of being moved. I would be very happy to stay again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your very kind words on your recent stay at The Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I was delighted that we met your expectations in all aspects of your stay. Please do come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 21 January 2014

Majority of the staff wasn't too helpful or nice. Just 2 or 3 of them had a friendly attitude. Other than that my stay was great! Beautiful place, delicious breakfast, great location, comfortable and clean room with a fabulous view. I will definitive stay there again.

• Stayed January 2014
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback and we are very sorry to hear that not all the staff during your stay was helpful.

Folkestone Kent UK
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Moved here from original hotel due to maintenance issues. Hotel is very nice very clean and all staff I met were friendly and went out of their way to help. Excellent breakfast. We had a club room and found that although adequate it wasn't that big and the difference between that and a standard room was minimal.

• Stayed January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you staying with us at the Grand Royale.

Naberezhnye Chelny, Russia
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Stayed at the Grand Royale in London over Christmas 2013 for three nights.
First night the room was the worse ever, not what we had booked, second night got them to change it, but the room had a broken window which would not close, bear in mind this is winter time. Just gave up eventually, bad service all round and would not recommend this hotel to anyone ever. Got an email from the manager offering me a upgrade upon my next visit, not likely.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank OKAY2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your patience.