Just returned from a 3 night stay, Monday through to Thursday - departure day. This review is based in a couple spending some quality time away from the kids, and wanting to take in some of the highlights of London. We didn't take full advantage of the breakfast, dining in, or lounge bar. That said, if your looking for something with a little character we would most recommend this hotel. This is our 3rd visit to London in the last 18 months, if I can suggest the following, it may inform your decision making.
1. Your opposite Kensington Gardens, 2 minutes walk!
2. 5 minutes away on foot is Queensway, Central Line which gets you to pretty much into the heart of things in 3 or 4 stops, plus all other main lines in less than 10 minutes.
3. Kensington Gardens leads to Hyde Park, which is a good 15 to 20 minutes walk - in park area, what more could you want weather permitting before you hit the business of London.
4. We took in a major London show, and were there in 25 minutes, that's walking and tube - if all goes well.
5. We visited a renown London Restaurant in Mayfair, walking and tube 25 minutes.
6. Euston station to Queensway, and walking into the Hotel - walking and tube - 35 minutes.
7. Great location - quiet enough with the parks, but within touching distance of the hustle and bustle.
8. Concession for this, a relatively small room, stepped entrance and best described as compact, but I am 6ft 4 - so please put this context.
9. Most comfortable bed, and a good nights sleep, there are no doubt bigger rooms.
If you book direct through their website you get a complimentary breakfast
- so take advantage. We booked through a separate website and on arrival felt £25.00 for a breakfast for 2 a little expensive.
Would we stay again - yes, but we had a view of Inverness Terrace.
Hope this helps.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Montcalm Hotel (London) Ltd & Precis Properties Ltd, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Royale London Hyde Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Royale London Hyde Park Hotel London
- Shaftesbury London Hyde Park