“Enjoyable stay in Grand Royale”

Grand Royale London Hyde Park
Ranked #276 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Suzhou, China
“Enjoyable stay in Grand Royale”
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Lovely Gabriel. This is my first time in London. Gabriel gave me great help. The location is very good, near by Queens way underground, and the Hyge Park just behind the hotel. Lovely gentlemen in the lobby. I will come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Lucy G, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Sarahclli

It is truly lovely to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Grand Royale and particularly that a member of our team, Gabriel, made such a positive impression on you.

We really do appreciate the time you have given to acknowledge his service. I do hope we can be of service to you again.

Kind regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (816)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on a regular basis. What makes this hotel special is its staff, who cannot do enough to make your stay comfortable and memorable with the warmest of welcomes. Always ready with a smile and happy to sort out any queries you have. The Hotel is located centrally, just a few steps away from Hyde Park and a short stroll to Kensington and Bayswater. Value for money is outstanding, cheaper than a travel lodge but standards and service much higher. I stay on a regular basis have have received upgrades from my second visit. Architecture amazing! The attention to detail in recruitment and customer service training certainly shines through. Keep on doing what you are doing!

Highly recommended and staff to be recognised for their high levels of customer service.

Room Tip: Club Rooms worth paying a little more for.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nikki

Thank you for the time you have taken to comment on your stays with us at Grand Royale. I am so glad that our team make such a positive difference to your stay.

As we offer all our guests our Premier Club Rewards program, it is good to read we have been able to give you the complimentary upgrade (subject to availability at the time of arrival) as one of the many benefits on your recent stays.

We look forward to continuing to welcome you back to Grand Royale.

Best wishes
Keswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was the the first hotel I have stayed in since I lost my husband in February, the staff were lovely nothing was too much trouble. Excellent location, really good breakfast. This hotel is really good value cheaper than the Travel Lodge!! The staff really care, even though I was only at the hotel for 2 nights I was greeted when I came back by staff that recognized you really helps when you are own your own. Thank you.

Room Tip: Rooms at back of hotel are quieter but road outside was quiet so don't worry you will get a good...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Lucy G, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear 515HelenW

Thank you, it is lovely to read that our team helped make a difference to you on your recent stay with us, we are sorry for your loss.

When you are next in London I do hope we will be able to look after you at Grand Royale. I am pleased you found us a good value option, and I do suggest that you reserve directly on our website or call our reservations office direct as they will ensure that you avail of our best rate guarantee and complimentary breakfast.

Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We recently had a 3 night stay at the Grand Royal and were very pleased with the experience. The location was excellent,being close to Hyde Park and Kensington gardens and Circle and Central line tube stations. The hotel itself has very interesting architecture and the interior is of an ornate design not usually seen in contemporary buildings. The Theater Bar is unique and a great way to finish the day after a night in London. The breakfast is an extensive buffet with all the makings of a traditional English full breakfast as well as fresh fruit, cold meats, pastries and excellent coffee. The room we had was small compared to hotel rooms in the U.S. but was very clean and well looked after. The hotel staff was very helpful with requests (luggage repair) and promptly responded.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Robert

Thank you for the time you have taken to share your thoughts about your recent stay with us.

I am so glad that we were able to provide you with a great 3 night stay. It is good to read that the beautiful features of our building were appreciated by you and your consideration towards these compared to US room proportions.

I do hope we would be able to welcome you back on your next London trip for a repeat of the breakfasts, service and rooms we were able to please you with this time.

Abbotsford, Canada
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I just spent 8 days at this hotel. The location was terrific for me, not right in the heart of town but so accessible! I quickly learned how to use the buses to get anywhere in London, and the Tube is so near, and the hotel is equidistant between two lines. The staff was wonderfully helpful, the room (though tiny by North American standards) was adequate and very clean, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was spacious and well-appointed. I didn't take the breakfast with my room, but there were many good restaurants within two short blocks. Do spend some time in the lounge, they supply daily papers. The staff recommended the shuttle to the airport, which really saved me when the Tube went on strike. I can't speak more highly of the staff, they were all, individually, and as a group, very polite and helpful. I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor (stairs, no elevator), my room had a view of only the air shaft. I wished...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dear dpabbotsford

It is lovely to read that you have found your 'gem' for you London stays.

We are glad to have been of service to you and that our team's service added to your stay.

Thank you for commenting on our great location. We do have three different tube lines spread over two stations within a 3 minute walk, so this along with the multiple nearby bus stops and Hyde Park is a great advantage for our location (particularly as we did have the tube strike).

I do hope we can welcome you back to Grand Royale soon

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Stayed here for work, so the most important thing for me is a good sleep. However unfortunately the curtain does not close and light breaks in at the crack of dawn ruining that all important sleep before a big day in the office! Other than that, i was impressed with the staff, the room was clean, the bathroom was spotless and the location was just brilliant.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Lucy G, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear S0hal

I am so pleased that our service, cleanliness and location were right for you on your recent business trip to us. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your stay. I would appreciate if you could email us on fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk to let us know what room number you stayed in. As all our curtains are blackout, however because we have some camber walls we have had to hang some curtains specially to avoid the 'seep' of light, but have obviously not got this right in your room and I would like to get them rehung to stop this happening again.

I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again on your next trip

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My friend and I spent five day in that hotel and we found everything good: the exceptional location and the friendly staff. We've got an upgraded room as a courtesy which was bigger than the standard rooms. For us it worked perfectly because it allowed to accommodate two adults with more comfort. Good value for money. I'd certainly be back there if I go back to London. Very good choice.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Lucy G, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Dear Lilian

Thank you for commenting on your stay with us at Grand Royale. I am so pleased that you found us to have a excellent location, with both Bayswater (Circle and District lines) and Queensway (Central line) being so close as well as Hyde Park a one minute walk from us too.

It was lovely to have been able to welcome you for 5 nights and we do look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to London.

If we can help with anything for this, please do not hesitate to ask