“Great value hotel with great staff”

Grand Royale London Hyde Park
Ranked #265 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Langley City, Canada
“Great value hotel with great staff”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great Little Hotel! Room was a little small, but was recently renovated and very clean. We enjoyed everything about the hotel and the staff was excellent and very friendly. Great value for our money."............................................................

Room Tip: stayed on floor seven
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Lucy G, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear K R

It is lovely to read your comments your are sharing on Tripadvisor about your recent stay with us.

Thank you for the time this has taken. I do hope it will not be long until we can welcome you back to Grand Royale and if we can help with this, please do not hesitate to ask.

Best wishes

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (844)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Middlesbrough
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

Location is good - very near two tube stations - Queensway & bayswater - and also several bus routes. many restaurants & cafes on Queensway & shops, grocery stores etc. next to Kensington gardens. Easy walk thru gardens to Kensington High Street.
Room - we had a club room. Good size, clean, good facilities incl tea tray, choccies, fruit bowl, fridge, dressing gown & slippers & small sitting area. Comfy bed, clean linens & towels. Bathroom smallish but fine & clean.
Hotel public rooms lovely & lots of wood panelling & stained glass. Was rumoured to have been built for Lilli Langtry by Edward VII. Fab small bar incl original theatre style seating area! Staff all very peasant & helpful.
Breakfast marginally disappointing - hot selection looked a bit sad but rest fine. (I think im a bit fussy....) Good service.
All in all it was a good stay & price wise good for London. Some reviews said rooms small but ours fine - go for a club!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank HellyMbro
Lucy G, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear HellyMbro

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your stay with us.

Our Club rooms are our largest category, apart from the Lily Langtry Suite, and I am pleased the sizing was to your liking as well as the amenities in this room for you.

We are continually trying to improve and will certainly take on board your comment about our breakfast selection to see what we can enhance for what would hopefully be your next stay with us.

Venlo, The Netherlands
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Ideal location. Nice combination of historic hotel with very modern (not large) rooms and a comfortable bed. Nice English quality breakfast and pretty centrally located, subway right around the corner! Staff was very friendly, free upgrade from single to doubleroom.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Knarfie31

It is lovely to read that you had such a great time with us.

I am pleased that the combination of our historical building and the modern design of the rooms was to you liking, as well as out location near Bayswater and Queensway stations.

I do hope we can welcome you back soon. I do suggest you reserve directly through our website or on the phone with our Reservations office so you can have our 'nice English quality breakfast' complimentary, as this is one benefit we offer direct bookings.

Reviewed 9 May 2014

My partner and I have just returned from a 2 night stay at this hotel. We booked it on the same day as travel and only very quickly read other comments on trip advisor and did wonder had we chosen well or not. I am pleased to say we did. Hotel is in a great location, there is a public car park to the rear of hotel and you are within two minutes walking distance from Queensway and Bayswater tube stations. It's on a pretty street with lots of character, 2 mins from Hyde park with lots of bars, shops and restaurants close by. Inside the Hotel, the reception area is very 'oldy worldy' clean and welcoming with a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Staff were friendly and helpful. We were in room 210, which we thought was a good size, yes the bathroom was compact but modern and clean and everything you would need. Bed was comfy (altho duvet cover was a little small for the bed I thought). We also had a little dressing area, with tea/coffee facilities. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends and I will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear AlisonMBro

I am pleased that you chose Grand Royale and that we helped give you a great stay.

Thank you for commenting about your stay and particularly our location. We do indeed have a 'Q-Park' public car park a two minute walk away on Queensway, as well as both Bayswater and Queensway tube stations and the beautiful Hyde Park.

I do hope it is not long until we will be able to welcome you back and if we can assist with this please do not hesitate to ask.

Aulnoye-aymeries, France
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Good hotel and average service.

Room is tiny but clean and well designed.

I stayed 3 nights and the room is cleaned all days

Would be good to get an answer when requesting to cancel the stay with 3 weeks notice despite I chose a non refundable fee (at least getting the answer to the sent E mail)

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and the hotel is well located at Hyde park
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sarfatis

I am glad we were able to offer you a pleasant stay with us. I am though sorry to read that the service before your arrival was not to the right standard. I would appreciate if you could contact us with the details of what email address you made the query to. Our advance purchase rates are, as you note, non cancellable or amendable but there should have been a reply to reconfirm this for you. We do offer these rates through a number of different booking channels, so I would like to find out who your email was sent to and why you did not receive a reply, so we can stop any reoccurrence. I do look forward to hearing from you (fom@grandroyalelondon.co.uk) and do hope we would be able to welcome you back to Grand Royale.

Suzhou, China
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Lovely Gabriel. This is my first time in London. Gabriel gave me great help. The location is very good, near by Queens way underground, and the Hyge Park just behind the hotel. Lovely gentlemen in the lobby. I will come back again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sarahclli

It is truly lovely to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us at Grand Royale and particularly that a member of our team, Gabriel, made such a positive impression on you.

We really do appreciate the time you have given to acknowledge his service. I do hope we can be of service to you again.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

I have stayed in this hotel on a regular basis. What makes this hotel special is its staff, who cannot do enough to make your stay comfortable and memorable with the warmest of welcomes. Always ready with a smile and happy to sort out any queries you have. The Hotel is located centrally, just a few steps away from Hyde Park and a short stroll to Kensington and Bayswater. Value for money is outstanding, cheaper than a travel lodge but standards and service much higher. I stay on a regular basis have have received upgrades from my second visit. Architecture amazing! The attention to detail in recruitment and customer service training certainly shines through. Keep on doing what you are doing!

Highly recommended and staff to be recognised for their high levels of customer service.

Room Tip: Club Rooms worth paying a little more for.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Nikki

Thank you for the time you have taken to comment on your stays with us at Grand Royale. I am so glad that our team make such a positive difference to your stay.

As we offer all our guests our Premier Club Rewards program, it is good to read we have been able to give you the complimentary upgrade (subject to availability at the time of arrival) as one of the many benefits on your recent stays.

We look forward to continuing to welcome you back to Grand Royale.

Best wishes