Grand Royale London Hyde Park
Troy Hotel(London)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
4,408 results
All reviewshyde parktheatre barclub roomlillie langtryqueensway tube stationcentral linekensington gardensrooms are smallnotting hillbeautiful hotelsingle roomreception areaan upgradeexcellent breakfastbreakfast roomlocation is excellentfull english breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I stayed in this hotel in May 2014 as a single female in a single room. The hotel is brilliantly located in Hyde Park, across the road from the park and within a quiet residential street. It is centrally located between two tube stations on two different lines (each within a 1 minute walk) making it convenient to get anywhere in London. It is located in a safe area where I never had any concerns walking back to the hotel at night on my own. This hotel is extremely well priced, and while rooms are small they are very comfortable and well furnished. The staff are always helpful, the room is quiet and the included breakfast had a complete selection of hot and cold offerings. A perfect place to base yourself in London. Hope to come back one day.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Chantal M
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Chantal M,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We are pleased to read your review and happy to know that you enjoyed your stay at the Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

We will be eagerly looking forward to welcome you soon in the near future.

Your Sincerely,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

A half block or a full block to either Queensway or Bayswater tube stop makes this an awesome location. Lots of reasonable middle eastern food nearby along with cheap souvenir shops.

The hotel has an elevator for its 7 floors. The rooms are quiet and nicely furnished with lots of plugs and free internet. Comfy bed. Window opens, and you can control the heat or a/c. The bathroom is a nice size.

The staff was pleasant and helpful. The neighborhood was safe.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank redheadca
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear redheadca,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

We are indeed pleased to know that your stay was satisfactory in every aspect and was comfortable too.

We will look forward to welcome you back to provide you the superior service and do let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 5 June 2014

A little peace of heaven in London. A real find - I couldn't believe it when I walked through the door! The old private residence of Lilly Langtree, this hotel is seeped in history and has a lovely character.

The room are slightly small but the staff are exceptionally kind and helpful, the breakfast and dining room are wonderful and if you get a chance to stay here you will really enjoy it! For the price as well, I still can't believe it!

I will be back very soon!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your very kind words on your recent stay at The Grand Royale London Hyde Park.

I was delighted that we met your expectations in all aspects of your stay. Please do come back and see us again soon.

Kind regards

Reviewed 4 June 2014

There were a lot of pluses : location, friendly staff, great breakfast and, contrary to earlier reviews, not expensive. It had a safe and a fridge as well as the other things you expect in a hotel bedroom....TV, kettle, coffee, tea, fruit etc.
The minuses : the bedroom was small, the double bed was a standard size double bed ( aka small !! ) , the en suite bathroom was miniscule.
My wife and I would stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
AnkurSehgal, Manager at Grand Royale London Hyde Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear rogerandjosie,

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback.

Such feedbacks are very important for our entire team to work harder to achieve higher percentage of guest satisfaction at all levels and will act as a benchmark for us to maintain at all times.

Being one of the heritage property, highly listed building and modern design done in our rooms, we do tend to struggle with our room size although we do have larger rooms available.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently situated 1 min walk from Queensway tube station.
Inside in the community areas, it is well decorated and clean
Staff are fantastic - nothing is too much trouble.
Cost is reasonable for London area.
Breakfast is hot and cold buffet - and there's loads
Air conditioning in room is welcome as the windows don't open
Only problem is size of the bedrooms
We had a deluxe bedroom and it really is small
Unfortunately we had lots of luggage and we struggled to store it
The bed is a 3/4 bed
I would return but I'd ask for a suite

• Stayed: June 2014

Dear Paul R,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback.

We would recommend you to book club room upon your next visit as they are the higher category of bedrooms we have and i am sure you will find them comfortable.

We will be eagerly looking forward to welcome you soon in the near future.

Your Sincerely,