This is the third time I have stayed here and I have very little to grumble about.
I travel to London with my sister for weekend breaks around twice a year and always book with Superbreaks on their rail and hotel deals, paying aroung £120 each for rail from Newcastle and bed and breakfast.
This hotel has a fantastic location, 5 mins to the Russell Square tube station and a pleasnat 15 mins walk down to Cocvent Garden. Its only a 5 min walk to the British Museum too!
The hotel itself is always full of student/ children parties and very often these seem to be Italian, I can honestly say that apart from them perhaps being a little rude ( queue jumping mainly) Ive never had any problems.
The rooms are clean and basic but I never spend much time in my room to be fair.
Breakfast can be a bit hectic with a canteen style setting where you may have to share a large table with others but I dont see this as a problem, but there is plenty to eat, fruit, cereal, toast, tea and coffee are the basic but I always get the ful english included in my Superbreak deal anyway, if not I believe you can pay extra for the upgrade and enjoy your fill of bacon, sausage, eggs, tomatoes, mushrooms and beans.
The only down points for me are
1) The hotel is huge and out of the 8 lifts I have only ever known 4 be working, however the stairs are always an option!
2) The traffic outside is very noisey, regardless of the windows being closed, unfortunately I have found this to be the case in nearly every London hotel I have stayed in regarless of rating or class so I guess ear plugs may be useful!
All in all if you just want a base to explore London this hotel is fine, I wouldnt want to stay there for much longer then 3 or 4 nights but on a budget it does exactly what it says on the tin!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique and lively hotel with unparalleled facilities and direct London Underground link with Heathrow Airport. The Royal National offers a variety of drinking and dining options including a pizzeria, carvery, pub, bar and a coffee shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Traveltool, S.L.U., Superbreak UK, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Royal National Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal National London
- Hotel Royal National
- Hotel National Royal
- National Hotel London