Just came back from a trip that I longed for, totally turned off by the Royal National. Room too hot, noisy, outdated, and smelly. Lousy breakfast, long line ups, starts at 7:00pm, not for people who has early flights.
Not fit for young kids - sink has two separate taps for hot and cold water, though with sign "caution hot water" posted. What if kids don't read?
Not fit for youth - wifi not as promised, The Cloud took me one hour to sign in, has to sign in again the next day.
Not fit for Adults - only one outlet found in the entire room. What if I need to charge my cell phone, iPad, camera battery, and computer at the same time? Another option: stay up all night to charge all your gadgets.
Not fit for seniors - bath tub too high and slippery, twin beds have wheels, all you need is sit on the bed, slip away, and fall. Bed too soft.
Took me two hours to struggle with the payphone, when all I need is a 2-minute help from the staff to confirm my tour. Reason for not helping - "your tour is not booked through us, you have to call from the pay phone". All three Consierge staff were standing there doing nothing!
- First, I have no coins for the pay phone and I was asked to purchase a phone card, even though I was willing to make my local call from my room.
- Then the phone card did not work on local calls,
- Then I was sent upstairs to make my call.
- Then I was sent down by the operator to "register" at the reception before making calls.
- Then I went down and there were 50 people ahead of me at the reception.
- Then I have to call my agent in Canada to confirm for me, using that phone card I purchased.
- Then I have to call my agent again to confirm.
Mission done in 2 hours.
Fire those Consierge Staff who were on duty on June 24 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. please, if Royal National wants to survive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A unique and lively hotel with unparalleled facilities and direct London Underground link with Heathrow Airport. The Royal National offers a variety of drinking and dining options including a pizzeria, carvery, pub, bar and a coffee shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Royal National Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal National London
- Hotel Royal National
- Hotel National Royal
- National Hotel London