“Never again” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #877 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Stockholm, Sweden
“Never again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Very good situated but that´s all! Too much people all over the Hotel,not very serviceminded emplyees in the concierge.Ok breakfast but too much noice in the breakfast room!
The room was very small and the beds not very comfortable!No fridge in the room-the only Hotel I have been too without shampoo in the shower!One morning there were no hot water in the shower!
I will not use this Hotel again! Seems to be a too cheap hotel but still not value for the money!
The noise from the traffic if you have a room facing Woburn Place was terrible-it sounded as the cars was in the room even if window was closed!
No swimmingpool as said in the Hotel Information -nor fitnesscenter!

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (698)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Good for weekend in london, however it's quite a walk fo theatre land from this hotel, breakfast was good and rooms were ok. staff friendly.

Too far away from theater land for me, other than that, good location.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed for 3 nights found the room of good quality very clean staff really polite and helpful we walked into Chinatown and the theatre it only took 20-30 minutes but there is an underground two mins from hotel and big bus tours stop outside hotel london pub at hotel is very reasonably priced the only down was breakfast as it was very disorganised queuing for cooked breakfast and getting a table wasn't easy but overall the hotel was good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Just came back from a trip that I longed for, totally turned off by the Royal National. Room too hot, noisy, outdated, and smelly. Lousy breakfast, long line ups, starts at 7:00pm, not for people who has early flights.

Not fit for young kids - sink has two separate taps for hot and cold water, though with sign "caution hot water" posted. What if kids don't read?

Not fit for youth - wifi not as promised, The Cloud took me one hour to sign in, has to sign in again the next day.

Not fit for Adults - only one outlet found in the entire room. What if I need to charge my cell phone, iPad, camera battery, and computer at the same time? Another option: stay up all night to charge all your gadgets.

Not fit for seniors - bath tub too high and slippery, twin beds have wheels, all you need is sit on the bed, slip away, and fall. Bed too soft.

LOUSY SERVICE!!!!
Took me two hours to struggle with the payphone, when all I need is a 2-minute help from the staff to confirm my tour. Reason for not helping - "your tour is not booked through us, you have to call from the pay phone". All three Consierge staff were standing there doing nothing!
- First, I have no coins for the pay phone and I was asked to purchase a phone card, even though I was willing to make my local call from my room.
- Then the phone card did not work on local calls,
- Then I was sent upstairs to make my call.
- Then I was sent down by the operator to "register" at the reception before making calls.
- Then I went down and there were 50 people ahead of me at the reception.
- Then I have to call my agent in Canada to confirm for me, using that phone card I purchased.
- Then I have to call my agent again to confirm.
Mission done in 2 hours.

Fire those Consierge Staff who were on duty on June 24 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. please, if Royal National wants to survive.

Room Tip: Never, never, never choose this hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank Kathleen N
Hexham, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

This hotel is cheap and if you are only interested in a reasonably clean place to sleep, it's OK. If you are looking for a place with something more than the bare essentials then don't stay here. There was a problem with the check-in which took some time to resolve and it was the fault of the staff, not me. There was a bath but no bath plug. I noticed someone else's hair clip on the floor in the corner of the bathroom The queue for breakfast was so long, I gave up and went out to a cafe to buy breakfast even though it had been included in the hotel price. I suppose I would stay here again if there was nowhere else available but it wouldn't be my first choice.

One thing in its favour is the central location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Christine2011
Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

We knew this was a budget hotel when we booked it and were happy with our choice. Great proximity for train station and getting around. Our rooms were very clean, new and serviced very well. We stayed in the south side which was quiet and we found all staff very helpful.A bargain!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Janet292
Cork, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Dated, noisy, soul destroying. The hotel was booked for me by another company and I regret not changing it.
I tried to get lunch in the Italian on the grounds and having picked up a menu waited 25 minutes for the waiter before I left and headed to the local shopping centre.

There is a tiny bar of soap in the bathroom, no shampoo so bring your own,the breakfast is like something from a prison except I would expect prison food to be better. Do yourself a favour and have breakfast somewhere else, Brunswick S.C. is nearby

Surely it's possible to run a budget hotel better than this.

Room Tip: Book a different hotel.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business