“Weekend Away in London”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #185 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Stayed at the Grosvenor as recommended by a friend, Rooms are excellent and had dinner in the hotel which was also fairly priced and tasted great. Only issue was being woken up at 7am to a fire alarm organisation could have been better as there was no direction or information once out of the hotel. Looking to return to london on the 18th and will hopefully return to this hotel and hopefully will not be disturbed again. Was recommended by a friend and would also recommend to others.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Aaron-Ball

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review.

I was really pleased tor read that you enjoyed your stay.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience of the Fire Alarm and thank you for the feedback regarding this which my team are reviewing.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon and please feel free to drop me an e-mail if I can assist with any arrangements

My personal e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

There are newer reviews for The Grosvenor Hotel

Reviewed 23 July 2012

Just come back from a Weekend trip to London and definately would Recommend this Hotel , Was Suprised how Nice it was , Very Clean and the Breakfast was above Standard , Pleasent Staff and Comfortable Room .
Amazing Location , Minutes Walk from Victoria Bus Station and Tube , Also Minutes walk from the Apollo Theathre where we watched Wicked . Also Notivced Billy Elliott near the Hotel .
Would definately Recommend .

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear span29,

Thank you for your great Tripadvisor review.

It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive comments and I have passed this on to my team
I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back on a future visit to London

Reviewed 22 July 2012

We often stop at the Grosvenor for a glass of prosecco before hitting the shops (I know!!). Always found it pleasant so when it came up on last minute when we were coming to London for our wedding anniversay seemed a good place to stop.

It is quite a beautiful hotel, some lovely old splendor. We were upgraded to a wing room because of our anniversary which was really rather nice. Everywhere was very clean and well looked after.

Room was very quite especially bearing in mind its location. Bed comfortable, good shower and nice shower gel etc.

There are some good bars, and the food in the oriental bar was very good. The staff there were very helpful especially the barman who made us feel very welcome.

The buffet breakfast was of particularly good standard, very tasty.

If I had to criticise there was quite a walk to the room from reception, and it took two lifts. All the staff were nice except one receptionist who really didn't look very well, and was not very efficient. Maybe she really was not well, but if so probably better not to have her on reception where a queue was beginning to form.

Otherwise, it may not have an immediate wow factor, but it is a jolly decent and well located hotel. We had a lovely time.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear mojitomates,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your anniversary stay.

I have passed your kind feedback on to me team with a special mention for the Grand Imperial.

I hope we will see you again soon

Reviewed 22 July 2012

This was my second time to stay at the Grosvenor Hotel in London. Both stays were pleasant. My travel is primarily for business, but the hotel is in an excellent location. It is nearby to many sights in London and it couldn’t be easier to get on the tube. This hotel has been recently remodeled and the rooms are quite nice. During my first stay, I stayed in a single room with a walk in shower and included a small refrigerator. There was plenty of space and the room was very clean. During my second stay, they gave me an “upgrade” to a double twin room which was located in the wing of the hotel. This room was much more cramped and did not have a refrigerator. Did not seem like an upgrade to me, especially when it’s just me and I don’t need 2 twin beds. It did have a bathtub though which I appreciated. Not a huge deal, but kind of strange. I used the gym at the hotel which is tiny, but more than a lot of European hotels offer. I didn’t eat at the hotel so I can’t comment on food. The rates are reasonable given the central location and I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building - seems like the ones in the wing are smaller

Dear mrsmccormick,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your second stay and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

I rarely write negative reviews but my experience at the Grosvenor Hotel merits it. It was overpriced, and thoroughly undeserving of a positive review. Wi-Fi was not free (which is just ridiculous in this day and age) and it didn't even work the first day I was there. They then offered a computer in the "business center"--which was just someone's unoccupied office--and it didn't work either. The room was small, the bathroom crowded with no shelf room. The shower curtain was hanging from the clips and I kept thinking housekeeping would see it and fix it but they never did, it just kept getting worse each day. The iron AND the ironing board were broken, the towels were not soft, and the pillows were bad. The water pressure was very weak and the shower was so hard to figure out I had to have someone come show me (and I've figured out showers all over the world). Finally, the location, attached to Victoria Station, was convenient to the trains (obviously) and a 20 minute walk to Buckingham Palace or to Westminister Abbey, but not near any good restaurants (alot of Pret Mangers, which is where I used the free internet, and got my breakfast...the hotel breakfast being typically widely overpriced). Overall, I would never stay here again and will avoid this whole chain of hotels. They didn't even ask how my stay was when I checked out (smart of them!). The other reviewers are being much too generous.

Room Tip: go to a different hotel ~!
5  Thank cxg2

Dear cxg2,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was very concerned to read that you did not enjoy your stay and I know my team will be as disappointed as I am with your rating of the Hotel.

My Guest Relations team are on hand 24 hours a day and it was a shame we were not aware of your concerns as I am confident we would have been able to rectify these whilst you were with us.

My personal e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com and please feel free to drop me a note should you wish to discuss your feedback further.

Reviewed 21 July 2012

The hotel itself is beautiful - the building is packed with character, charm ad has a very regal, illustrious feel that would certainly be impressive for anyone on a romantic getaway. The service is superb - the receptionists & concierge are very accommodating and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. Furthermore, the hotel is located in the heart of London, right by Victoria train station, the perfect spot for anyone visiting on a vacation.
However, I agree with other reviews that I was rather underwhelmed by the room itself - don't get me wrong, it contains everything you'd want (hairdryer, kettle, some shampoo & conditioner freebies etc), but it was rather small in size and didn't have any massive luxuries. My room was also a bit noisy throughout the night that I stayed (could hear neighbours opening & closing doors). These may seem like petty criticisms, and they are, it's just that I've stayed in nicer rooms in hotels that are less than half the price!

1  Thank oreo_jo

Dear oreo_io,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I have passed your positive feedback on to my team.

Our standard rooms are from 20 to 25m2 but our Executive rooms do offer a more spacious 30m2 +, if you are visiting London again please feel free to drop me a note personally so we can arrange the best possible price for one of our larger rooms.

My personal e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I stayed on business and must say I really enjoyed the hospitality and history of the hotel. It is located right above Victoria station which makes its location very convenient and easily accessible from any major area in London. It was very small but pretty standard for Europe. The staff did everything to make your stay comfortable.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank ontariogirl77

Dear ontariogirl77,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon