“reasonable price”

Ranked #191 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Serre-Chevalier, France
“reasonable price”
Reviewed 29 November 2012

this hotel has recently been refurbished and offering good rates. I booked a room as a single person on business and received a very good rate. The room was nice, a little dark, but that could also have been due to the weather. The bathroom is tiny but well organised. I did have one dirty hand towel, black marks. NO SHAMPOO in the room only body lotion. I very rarely use hotel shampoos etc but this time I had forgotten mine . oh well... It served its purpose. My only gripe is that being on my own I fancied a glass of wine in my room - there was no mini bar - the reunion bar was closed on Sunday evening. I dont understand why they dont leave a mini bottle in the mini bar. I used room service and it was good and efficient and not too expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear SCrealreviews,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your visit.

We have recently removed the tray and service charges on our Room Service menu which has made the in room dining prices most competitive. I am pleased this met with your approval.

Our Mini bars are currently available for guest use and can be stocked on request, we are however reviewing this and so your feedback is most useful.

Thank you again for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (907)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Munich, Bayern, Germany
Reviewed 27 November 2012

Hotel is ok for a 1 night stay, but the rooms are small, and even with the refurbishment, you still notice that the building is old- eg. the loud heaters and the gap under the thin front door, so you see shadows and hear People walk by. just does not feel like you have your privacy.

the shower is the killer- water pressure so low that I cant wash my hair properly, so Long haired ladies, bring dry shampoo.

I like the Victoria Location, Shopping all around, tube, Trains. A pity that the actual rooms are not a bit more like the competitions around the Corner. still, it is OK enough to stay in for a night when other Hotels are booked out.

Front desk´; very friendly, professional and helpful- thanks ladies, you are doing an awesome Job!

Dear Anna K,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor feedback and for the great comments about my Front Desk Team.

I am sorry that you felt your room to be small, as part of the refurbishment here at the Grosvenor in conjunction with English Heritage we have removed 50 of the smallest rooms and re classified all of our bedrooms by size. Our standard singles are from 16 to 20m2, our standard doubles are from 20 to 25m2 and our Executive rooms offer a more spacious 30m2+.

I have noted your feedback about the water pressure and I have asked my Maintenance team to review this with my Housekeeping team to see what improvements can be made.

I do hope you will stay with again in the future and that we will have the opportunity to show you some of the different rooms in the Hotel, please feel free to contact me personally if I can assist in any way.

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

Reviewed 24 November 2012

Excellent location to explore London from when you are a little short on time. Fantastic in house restaurants, bars and lounges. Rooms well appointed and very clean. Value for money with a lot of options for dining in the area as well.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank smo_yamei
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 26 November 2012
Dear smo_yamei,

Thank you the amazing review of the Grosvenor

It’s always a pleasure to read such positive feedback.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 November 2012

Very grand hotel perceived when you first arrive, the reception/lobby area is magnificent as are the stair and hallways. This illusion is swiftly over when you get to your room. I have never been in a room so small! Avoid the single rooms at all cost. Perhaps I was unlucky and received a particularly small room but for the price I paid I expect far more. I could quite literally touch the width of the room with arm and leg without going horizontal - I tried. So say 5' wide.
Later on in my stay I changed my booking and was 'upgraded' to a twin room which was far more comfortable.
No minibar in either room.
Excellent gym and I spent a considerable time there as I didn't have much else to do.
At breakfast the restaurant was usually quite busy but worth going as the full English was excellent and the staff was mostly friendly.
I wasn't overly impressed with the restaurants at evening time but I wouldn't say exceptionally poor.
For roughly the same cost I stayed at the Double Tree Hilton during the same month however I would certainly prefer the Grosvener.
Free Wifi is a plus and the speed was good.
Business center - appalling. A hotel as large as that with only one computer and no scanner (there was one there but not hooked up) is poor.
I expect more for the price but perhaps I am deluded in thinking this is the case in London-Victoria.
Oh and I'm still waiting for a copy of my invoices - it has been two weeks now since my stay and several emails have been sent requesting the scans. Should I send some more reminders?
FM.

Room Tip: Make sure you at least get a twin room. I cannot believe a hotel in London is selling single rooms...
Dear Frazworldtravels,

Thank you for your review of the Grosvenor.

Our standard single rooms are indeed quite small and these range from 16 to 20m2, they do however offer great value for money for short stays in London. I was pleased that we were able to change your room to a larger twin for the second part of your visit.

Our business lounge does offer basic complimentary facilities to access the internet and print off boarding passes etc but we are currently looking at the offering in this area and your comments for scanning facilities will be noted.

I was pleased to read that you were able to enjoy our Gym facility and also our Wi-Fi which has been upgraded and is now free for all guests.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 November 2012

first the good, fantastic location, part of victoria station, but no noise, impressive hotel, great bedrooms, great reception and concierge staff, nothing to fault all up to standard of a hotel of this grade,

the not so good, the bar staff, awfull, waited and waited, and ignored, at the bar to be served, offered to pay for drinks was told do it later, offered to charge it to room was told no problem do it later, when i had to leave to go to room to get something, was stopped , ''you must pay'', i was told, ''but ill be back'', no you pay now, ''heres my room card charge it,'' no you pay now, i was made to feel like a criminal , awfull customer service, rude and quite agressive, then the breakfast, get there early , if not be prepared to queue in the corridor, once seated i was told the staff will serve tea coffee and toast, hmmmm only if you ask 3 different members of staff , six times and sit and wait and wait and wait, to be fair though i think they were understaffed in this area, and the staff that were working very hard hard were overwhelmed,

overall a great hotel , cant fault it, but please sort the bar staff, rudeness and ignorance are not a good reflection on a good hotel ,

Room Tip: get to breakfast early, and if you want a drink in the bar, get there even earlier,
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Dear rj4949,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review.

I was pleased to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.

I will speak to my Bar Team regarding your comments as it was disappointing to read that we did not show our normally high levels of customer service and we will ensure this feedback is taken on board.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future and please feel free to drop me an e-mail personally if I can assist with any future booking.

My e-mail address is michael.parker@guoman.com

Almeria
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Our recently refurbished room was large, quiet and comfortable with all the amenities expected of a 4 star. The Reception, Concierge, Cleaning and Lounge staff are all extremely pleasant and polite. The location is terrific, being adjacent to Victoria Railway Station - handy for the tube, mainline rail, Gatwick Express and Big Bus Tours. Short walk from Westminster, Buckingham Palace and Hyde Park. Afternoon tea in the lounge is a real treat, dainty sandwiches, fancies and scones with jam and cream. Highly Recommended.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear CoinaAlmeria,

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We spent the weekend at the Grosvenor and I cannot commend the staff enough for making it very special for my Fiancee' and I. It was a special occasion as I proposed to my Fiancee' on that weekend. We were within an Executive room with access to the Executive Lounge and the experience will never be forgotten. On arrival we were met by the assistant manageress Ines Weifenbach who escorted us to the Executive reception area and gave us a fantastic welcome. On returning from proposing to my Fiancee', we were given our rooms earlier than expected. The room was first class, sheer luxury. The room was spacious, elegant and had all the facilities as described on the Grosvenor website. The Executive Lounge was brilliant. Breakfast till 11am, tea, coffee and snacks served during the day and alcoholic beverages in the evening. The staff were really nice and helpful, I cannot praise them enough for making our stay comfortable as well as memorable. Special thanks to Ines and her staff. Peter, Natasha and Sandra within the Lounge, you were all great, thank you.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear James238_12,

Thank you for your fantastic review of the Grosvenor.

I was so pleased to read we were able to make your special weekend one to remember.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and don’t forget when making plans for your special day that we make a great destination for weddings!