“Good value”

Ranked #184 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Pflugerville, Texas
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

Great location, near theater district, Victoria Station, dining. Rooms were smaller, but that's true in most older hotels. Fairly recently remodeled. Breakfast buffet wonderful and can be included in cost. Staff was quite friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Yvette S
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 17 December 2012
Dear Yvette S,

Thank you for your review of the Grosvenor from your recent trip to London.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the UK.

Michael Parker – General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (863)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
doha
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 December 2012

I stayed for a 2 nights weekend before my business trip dates and i paid a good amount of money for such hotel which i thought it was good , but actually it was not ! i have checked in a litterally ( A Tuna can room ) which i felt depressed , disappointed and angry once i stepped into it. when i expressed my deep frustration to reception that this room is ( inhuman ) , they tried to upsell me a bigger room for extra 70 Pounds which i rejected , and then a ( senior staff ) told me : Oh , you are going to be difficult , aren't you ?! .... WHAT ?!! what kind of hotel uses this kind of language with guests ?! after i ( bargained ) for paying extra to move to a livable room , my luggage arrived ( broken handed ) !

I had no interaction with staff during my stay , however , they made sure to make it special by asking me for extra amount for a late check out as i checked out at 12:30 PM !!! i held my self from bursting and asked for a compensation for breaking my bag as a counter defense !

I felt i have to be nasty to protect myself for the things and the way i am treated by the staff of this hotel . I will definitely not use this hotel again or even pass by the same street of this hotel.

Room Tip: You have to see the room first , otherwise you will be placed in a tuna can room.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank amr a
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2013
Dear amr a,

I was most surprised to read your feedback.

Clearly it’s disappointing to read that you did not enjoy your stay and I was pleased that my Front Office Manager has been in touch with you

Workington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2012

This was a great hotel which is very central right above Victoria Station. One access to the hotel is within the station. Breakfast quite expensive at £20 but on booking in we were told as guests we could have it for £12. We had wing rooms which were quite small but very well equipped noisy through the day sometimes but no problems through night. The staff were most helpful. I would definitely use this hotel again if we get the same deal searched through trivago.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Andrea B,

Thank you for your review of the Grosvenor, I was pleased to read that you had a good short break.

Don’t forget to keep an eye on our web site for your next trip where we offer a best rate guarantee.

Wolverhampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 December 2012

I stayed for one night on a business trip. I had a single room booked and expected a small room after reading reviews on here. I was offered an upgrade for £20 but as I was staying for only one night I declined the offer. The room I was in was small but adequate for one night.

It had a 3/4 size bed which was fine and really comfortable, a large bathroom, large wardrobe, safe, lcd tv (not a great signal), tea/coffee and an iron and ironing board. There is also free wifi. The room furnishings were great and contemporary/boutique style.

I ate in the Brasserie, which is not cheap, but on a par with other restaurants in the area. The food was very good, but if you have a big appetite, the portion sizes are small.

The gym is good and breakfast was excellent. The reception staff were very efficient and helpful. Restaurant staff could have been more atentive at breakfast, as it was very hard to catch their eye to get coffee, as they seemed to deliberately not look around the room to see if people wanted anything. That is my only minor criticism.

Overall excellent value for London and I will be back later this month and in January.

Room Tip: Single rooms more than adequate, but upgrades offered for only £20
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
Dear Dave_Wolves,

Thank you for you great review of the Grosvenor

Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

I stayed at the Grosvenor with my brother last week and had a great time. The room was one of the best I have stayed in (and I stay in a lot of hotels). Perfectly decorated, very clean and well equipped. The staff looked after us at every point of our stay, the exec lounge is lovely to sit in and relax, the breakfast was again one of the best I have enjoyed, and the special earl grey that I was served was something of a higher class. The bar can only be described as an experience, luxury seating and furnishings, a trendy place to enjoy a merlot after an evening out seeing a show.

Any help or support from concierge was well met.

We will definitely stay here many more times on our trips to London.

Well done to the Grosvenor and their management and staff.

Room Tip: As I travel a lot I always suggest that you ask for the best deal or room available for your budget.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
TGHV, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear Alkipone,

Thank you for you great review of the Grosvenor.

It’s always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Probably the best hotel I have stayed at. The refurbishment looks amazing and our room (after upgrading to executive room - would highly recommend) was spacious and very well docorated. Location was perfect (you can see the back of Buckingham palace), staff were very friendly and the breakfast was great. Just cannot fault the place.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Speedmark17
Dear Speedmark17,

Thank you for the superb review of the Grosvenor Hotel, Victoria.

I was so pleased to read that you had a great stay, our Executive rooms certainly offer that added luxury.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Swindon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2012

I only stayed at the Grosvenor for one night but I really enjoyed it. Everything about the place is top notch the staff are attentive the hotel itself looks like it's fit for royalty the rooms were beautiful as well as the food, as for location it's in the middle of London and backs on to Victoria station need I say more, if your looking for a luxurious hotel in London you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank James O
Dear James O,

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Grosvenor.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!