“Fantastic hotel”

Ranked #190 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Brighton
“Fantastic hotel”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We arrived at The Grosvenor at about 11.30 last Saturday and were able to complete check-in straightaway and found to my delight our room had been upgraded as it was my birthday!! We were too early for the room to be ready but the receptionist quickly took care of our case leaving us free to explore the sights of London. We were going to see Wicked that evening at the Apollo and the receptionist advised that the hotel had an entrance in Victoria Concourse and by going straight across the Concourse we would come out opposite the theatre - great to know,especially if raining!! Our room was lovely, clean, bright and spacious. The bed was very, very comfortable. We loved the 'rain' shower in the bathroom which was immaculate. Breakfast was buffet style with an amazing choice of hot and cold food. The hotel and staff were brilliant and we are looking forward to coming again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chris705
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post and choosing to stay with us for your birthday. I was delighted that my team upgraded you and took care of your cases so you could enjoy the show. The side entrance to the hotel is very convenient especially when it’s raining! It made great reading that you liked your room and the amazing choice of buffet breakfast. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

With kind regards, Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (911)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
West Lafayette
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Some reviewers commented on the small size of the rooms; however, we did not find that to be a problem. Standard double was small but very comfortable. The room had all amenities, comfy bed, and nice bathroom. Staff is extremely warm and helpful. Breakfast selection was excellent. Buckingham Palace is within walking distance which is a plus!

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank CARWestLaf
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. We have a variety of different sized rooms due to the age of the building and I’m pleased that your bedroom was comfortable. We are very conveniently located here at Victoria with the tube, mainline train and bus station all our on our doorstep, as well as an easy walk to Buckingham Palace. I do hope you will come and visit us again in the near future.

Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

From start to finish this hotel and it's staff were truly excellent. The doorman took the case from the taxi, checkin was ready earlier than we thought and the use of the executive lounge for drinks and breakfast through out the stay was a real treat. The executive room was clean and spacious with a beautiful bathroom. Cocktail bar with bespoke cocktails made a lovely Saturday evening.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from Victoria station
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. First impressions count and I was thrilled we were great from the beginning to the end of your stay. I am pleased you managed to sample some of the many cocktails that our Reunion Bar offers. I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed 22 October 2013 via mobile

We visited last Saturday and it was fantastic the rooms were lovely the staff were great all friendly and helpful we will be staying here the next time in London.What a lovely hotel.Well worth the money and felt like royalty.Thanks to all the staff.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013 via mobile

From the moment we stepped out of the taxi we were overwhelmed by the grosvenor. Beautiful inside and out. We stayed here overnight for our silver anniversary everyone was helpful and from the check in to the bar where we enjoyed cocktails after a night at the theater watching the lion king. Our room was only a standard double but was beautiful and comfortable. Our bed was the most comfortable I have ever slept on.my only complaint was that I couldn't stay longer. Definitely will be coming back next year for my 50th birthday

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was thrilled you were overwhelmed by your stay with us, especially as this was such a special occasion. Please let us know when you come back next year for your 50th birthday and we will ensure you have a memorable stay with us.

Uk
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was working in Victoria over the weekend and this hotel was within easy walking distance to the site. I warmley greeted by the staff at checkin and was quiclky into a very nice room. Great and very comfortable bed, and one of the best desks I've seen in hotels in a while - all the powerplugs I needed (I had a laptop, a slate and phone all needing charging!). I ate breakfast each morning in the Executive lounge which was very comfortable and had GREAT servce. My server both mornings was a most charming Russian woman for whom nothing seemed to much. The proximity to Victoria station meant dinner on Friday was sushi and some wine from the concourse shops. It was a great stay and I hope to go again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was pleased that you chose to stay with us while you were working in Victoria over the weekend. Thank you for your compliments which I have shared with my team. There is a large choice of restaurants in the area and we also have two restaurants in the hotel which I hope you’ll try next time you stay with us. I hope you will visit us again in the future
Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2013

As soon as we arrived the staff were brilliant! Took our luggage straight away, upgraded our room as a complimentary service and allowed us to check in early. It was a lovely experience staying at this hotel and the staff are very friendly and chatty. The concierge team ordered taxi's for us and recommended many please to visit. I would definitely recommend staying here. The room was cosy and had brilliant facilities.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. Your feedback made great reading and I hope you will come and stay with us again soon.