“Beautiful hotel in excellent location”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #203 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 26 October 2013

The foyer in this magnificent station hotel is spectacular, so ornate and beautiful so our first impression was good. The reception area is nice and discreet and we were checked in efficiently by Daniele who we found to be friendly and efficient, often these big hotels have miserable reception staff so this was impressive too. Our deluxe double room was quite small and the bathroom tiny, but we expected that as this is the centre of London after all, so space is always at a premium. The room was clean modern and very adequate for our needs with tea and coffee facilities, iron, hairdryer etc... The room wasn't too hot as we were thankfully able to adjust the temperature controls ourselves.
We enjoyed drinks in the lovely cocktail and champagne bar on a few occasions, it was buzzing and the staff were friendly, a great experience. We will return here i am sure and we would also be more than happy recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room as the hotel is on a main road and next to the station.
1  Thank ChicatitainLondon
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was delighted to share your kind comments with Daniele and the rest of the team. I’m pleased you had the opportunity to have a few drinks in Reunion our Champagne and Cocktail Bar which is situated overlooking the station concourse and a great place to get away from the hustle and bustle of the station. We have recently refurnished our hotel and it was good to read your comments about our reception and your bedroom. We look forward to welcoming you back.

With kind regards, Ian

Write a ReviewReviews (4,300)

Reviewed 25 October 2013

I stayed here with my Mum on my recent return visit to London. It was my third time to The UK, but my Mum's first. I picked a hotel that would be super comfortable and special for her. It lived up to my expectations.
The building is very beautiful from the outside. My Mum was blown away as this was the first building she visited on her trip. Inside, was even better. Grand staircase in the foyer, gold ceiling and red carpet. Made the introduction to London grandiose.
Upon check-in we were upgraded from a deluxe room to a business deluxe room. This room was very spacious with lovely furnishings, including a sitting area. View over the station wasn't amazing, but didn't detract at all from the room.
The staff were great. A lovely Danish girl helped us take photos on the staircase and showed us directions.
The brekkie was delicious. Comfortable dim lit brekkie room added to the relaxed feel. Didn't get a chance to have afternoon tea in the parlor, but will next time.
Location was great. Victoria station right next door, makes everything super accessible and only a three block walk to Buckingham Palace.
Overall, I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for something elegant and historical in the heart of London.

Room Tip: Go for the Business Deluxe room. The space is very nice.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your amazing post. I was thrilled we lived up to your expectations and your mum was blown away by her experience with us. We are delighted with our recent renovations and have lovingly restored the hotel to her former glory with a £20 million investment. I hope when you come to stay with us again you will have the chance to sample afternoon tea in our Lounge. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Lovely hotel with beautiful room. Staff were very friendly and service was very good. Victoria underground station just round the corner which gives good access to all London sights. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Hotel room was in the wing. Despite being above the bus station the room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post and great comments. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

First-rate location and service! A beautiful facility, extremely well-maintained. Staff went out of their way to be helpful and welcoming. Excellent room, excellent service. Good dining in the hotel. Somewhat pricey, but worth every penny! The location is ideal, in one of the most attractive and convenient parts of the city. Highly recommend it, especially if it is your first trip to London.

Room Tip: Rooms well-insulated from outside noise. Second floor is ideal.

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m thrilled with your comments regarding the Hotel and my team and I’m delighted you thought we were worth every penny. I hope to welcome you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

This is my second stay in that Hotel since it has been refurbished and really improved. It is very conveniently located with a side entry directly in Victoria station. perfect if you want to visit Buckingham Palace's area or are working nr Victoria Stn. Can't fault people at reception - nice and helpful. quick check in and check out.
The bedrooms. the first time, it was a nice room but very small. I had asked for a single room and this is indeed what I did get. However it was cleaned and nicely refurbished.
The second time I was careful to require a double bed and my bedroom was indeed bigger. very comfortable bed and good bathroom. Again very cleaned and refurbished. However the lighting should really be improved. The room could do with my indirect lights which would make it much more 'cozy' and would certainly made it easier to work in the evening. I had to give up as i couldn't see very well when sit at the desk. bathroomm was absolutely fine. Finally i was bothered by some noise from a surrounding room and struggled to fall asleep. Bad luck probably ...
I tried the restaurant the first time: very good food however The service was very slow. as to breakfast, good selection / choice.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank t2s

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. We have recently refurbished the hotel to reflect the golden age of travel with a modern twist. Thank you for your comments regarding the lighting which I have I will certainly look into. I’m sorry that you were bothered by some noise from another room and hope this will not affect your decision to stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Absolutely fabulous hotel we have stayed in many hotels in London and this is one of the best,
The staff are very welcoming and helpful,
it was my husbands birthday and we were given a lovely surprise of wine lovely glasses and an array of sweets and chocolates a very nice touch I thought,
this is a 5* quality hotel beautifully refurbished to a very high standard the beds are amazing super clean and super comfortable.
on the doorstep of Victoria station and tube station
Definitely be back
Joy & Mark Turner

Room Tip: We overlooked the station fantastic double room but a little noisy only if you leave your windows op...

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your absolutely fabulous post. We have recently placed mattress toppers on all of our beds: I’m pleased you found them comfortable and enjoyed the little treats for your husbands birthday. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

We arrived at The Grosvenor at about 11.30 last Saturday and were able to complete check-in straightaway and found to my delight our room had been upgraded as it was my birthday!! We were too early for the room to be ready but the receptionist quickly took care of our case leaving us free to explore the sights of London. We were going to see Wicked that evening at the Apollo and the receptionist advised that the hotel had an entrance in Victoria Concourse and by going straight across the Concourse we would come out opposite the theatre - great to know,especially if raining!! Our room was lovely, clean, bright and spacious. The bed was very, very comfortable. We loved the 'rain' shower in the bathroom which was immaculate. Breakfast was buffet style with an amazing choice of hot and cold food. The hotel and staff were brilliant and we are looking forward to coming again.

1  Thank chris705

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post and choosing to stay with us for your birthday. I was delighted that my team upgraded you and took care of your cases so you could enjoy the show. The side entrance to the hotel is very convenient especially when it’s raining! It made great reading that you liked your room and the amazing choice of buffet breakfast. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.