“good value top end london hotel”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #193 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 November 2013

hotels in London are notoriously expensive. by booking online with their own website and getting an advance payment rate, this one was great value for a high class hotel. Very efficient pre-check in by internet. paperwork all ready on arrival with helpful staff on reception. my heart sank when i saw my room was next to the lift but my room was very quiet. i couldn't hear a thing so they must have excellent sound-proofing. nice comfortable bed and good size room and bathroom. great buffet breakfast with eggs cooked to order. free wi-fi. i'd stay there again.

Room Tip: my room was a "wing room" and was very quiet although if you had mobility issues its a lon...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Acwade
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted that you found us good value for a top end hotel in London and I’m glad you made use of our new online check in, which is a very quick and easy process and certainly helps to expedite your arrival. I look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

My husband booked the Grosvenor for a 1 night stay, as a surprise. It was lovely! We arrived early on the Saturday, we knew our room wouldn't be ready but we were able to leave our case at the hotel whilst we went to Harrods to do a bit of pre-Christmas shopping.
We returned to the hotel at about 3pm and went straight to our room where our case was waiting for us. To my surprise my husband had also arranged for me to have a box of chocolates in our room, which one of the staff had kindly helped with!
We both slept really well and both commented on how comfortable the bed was.
Breakfast was extremely busy but we were more than happy to sit in the lounge area, where a table had been set for us. The actual breakfast was lovely.
We would definitely return to the hotel, it's in a great location. Next time we will take our 14 year old son, he would love it!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AmandaL1970

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m pleased that you had a lovely pre-Christmas break and would bring your son with you next time. We have recently put mattress toppers on all our beds and I’m delighted that you had a comfortable nights sleep and enjoyed your breakfast in our lounge area. I look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Overall, we were highly satisfied with our stay at the Grosvenor Hotel. One of the things we loved about our stay was the convenience of the location. The metro station was directly beneath the hotel, which made it so convenient for us. The rooms are a good size and are very quiet. The customer service really stood out about the rest. Everyone was extremely helpful, courteous, and professional, and made us feel comfortable during our stay. We were extremely satisfied overall.
Sarah, from the concierge desk, was extremely helpful. She assisted us on a daily basis. In fact, towards the end of our stay I caught a cold and had a sore throat. She was so helpful as she came up to our room personally and brought salt for me to do salt gargles at night. We were so very appreciative of her service and hard work.
Elizabeta, the restaurant manager, was also very helpful and courteous. Every morning she seated us for breakfast. She went above and beyond with making us feel at home and she treated us in a very special way. We will never forget that.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank J S

Dear Reviewer,

Many thanks for your kind post. I was thrilled to read your comments and have passed your compliments on to Sarah and Elizabeta. We do have a very convenient location here at Victoria station with easy access to many attractions. I hope you’ll stay with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stay in this hotel regularly on business but haven't reviewed it for a while. Returned last week and it was as good as ever. You can't fault the location as its so easy to get to anywhere in central London and we often also hold meetings here as its so easy for clients to reach by train or tube. Staff are great and the service has noticeably improved over the years we've stayed here. Fantastic cooked breakfast included and the free wifi (this is a fairly new addition) is a great bonus. My only comment is that the rooms are extremely varied in size and some are far nicer than others! The standard rooms are on the small side if youre staying for more than a couple of nights but the deluxe rooms and suites are great. For the first time ever on this trip we had problems with noise from the nightclub (Pacha) which is opposite so the rooms facing the front/road were the
quietest. This was only an issue at the weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post and great comments which are really appreciated especially from such a regular guest. We have recently introduced free superfast wi-fi which we believe is now a necessity for both business and leisure travellers alike. I’m sorry you were disturbed by some external noise during your stay, please do let us know next time you are staying and we will ensure you are allocated a room on the other side of the building.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed on the 6th floor in one of the larger double rooms in October 2013. The upgrade of £40 each for 2 nights was worth it. Room was huge by London standards. Super king bed with about 7-8 pillows of varying types. Great quilt and very comfy. Slept great, which is unusual in a hotel for me. Toilet and shower were a good size and fitted with good quality fittings. The hotel is attached to Victoria rail and underground station which was amazingly handy but you would not realise you were from within. Staff were great and really helpful, all bar one in the executive lounge at breakfast time who was a bit hopeless and sharp. Breakfast in the lounge was excellent and very well presented. Had a couple of G&T's in there too which were also very good and part of the upgrade I mentioned. We also ate one night in the brasserie bar. I had the chefs burger which to forever to arrive but was really good but only came with 8, and I mean 8 chips! Turns out it was a good man in any case and reasonably priced. I would happily stay here again and would recommend it to anyone.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m delighted you enjoyed the extra amenities offered with our Executive upgrade and had a good nights sleep. We are really well situated here for all main transport links into London. Thank you for your comments regarding your breakfast and dinner which I will certainly pass on to my Chef. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was an amazing find. Recently restored to its former glory. The hotel looks amazing and it has very friendly staff. I booked through Superbreak and the value was brilliant.
The Lounge was a lovely setting for breakfast and are definitely going back.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. It was great to read your comments and I hope to see you again soon.

Kind regards, Ian

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We spent our 2 nights in London at the Grosvenor. Being an American I didn't know what to expect from an English hotel. The staff was nice but not overly friendly. We did have one lady that served us at breakfast who was more than happy to help us and made us feel very welcome. We had a basic room and it was small which we knew that when we booked. The room was quiet and clean. It had a small bathroom but it was functional. I think 2 nights was enough for us--I don't think I could have handled staying there an entire week due to the size. The hotel is centrally located and was close the Royal Palace amongst other things. It's a beautiful building inside and out and really has that old glamor hotel feel. We would stay again but as I said if was a long stay in London, we would probably pick somewhere that had a bit more room or pay more money for a bigger room.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank melly17

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. The hotel has recently been refurbished to its former Victorian splendour, with a modern contemporary twist. The beautiful building dates back to 1862 and therefore we do have a variety of different sizes and shapes of bedrooms. Do let us know the next time you are in London and we will do our best to allocate you a more suitable room size.