“Nice hotel for business trip”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #189 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I stayed here during a business trip. The location is very good next to Victoria station. Maybe the area is a bit dull if it would have been a pleasure visit. The breakfast was nice and the staff provided toast to the table.

I appreciated the free internet, and no fuzz with writing down long codes to connect. The TV-set was good to, no super complicated digital system, just an easy television set where you could browse through the channel.

The guy at the front desk wrote that I was from Switzerland, even though that I am Swedish. Didn't expect that to happen in Europe.

I didn't notice any information on how the hotel works with sustainability. Do the actually take any actions to reduce their global foot-print?

I find the Hotel to be too expensive for privat traveling.

Room Tip: I had a room far away from the elevator. Some colleagues were complaining that they got disturbed by...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I’m glad that you found our location at Victoria station to be good, we are ideally situated for both business and leisure travellers with excellent transport links and Buckingham Palace and Westminster Abbey just a short walk away. You can find a copy of our CSR document on our website www.guoman.com for information on how we work on reducing our carbon footprint. I do hope to welcome you back on a future business trip.
With kind regards

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Stayed here to nights .Nice spacious rooms for a London hotel dined in restraunt on one night food very good .hotel is pristine & well maintained public areas & has fantastic location .
The only problem we had was no heating first night & after reporting to reception was told someone would come & fix but never so a cold first night but on reporting again in morning was promptly fixed saying this I would stay here again no problem .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I was pleased to read that you found the hotel to be pristine and well maintained and that you enjoyed your meal in our restaurant. I regret that you had a cold first night but am glad that my team fixed your issue in the morning.
I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.
Kind regards

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst on business in London. Upon checking the staff were very attentive, asking if I would like a complimentary newspaper in the morning, which I did and was waiting at 630am. I was upgraded to a twin room which meant I had some extra space. The decor of the rooms and also the hallways, reception etc. was to a very high standard. The breakfast was superb; the best baked mushrooms I've ever tasted! The only reason I didn't give it five stars was due to two issues. The bathroom was a little tired, although modern, needed some attention - loose tile, a bit grubby (but not dirty) and the shower was hard to get just right in the morning. It wavered from hot to cold and back again which was quite frustrating. However I would stay here again without a doubt.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank JohnSmith1218

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. It was a pleasure to read your comments regarding our hotel and the team which I will certainly share with them. I’m delighted that you would stay with us again and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

The hotel is well situated and so easy to get to, great décor and the staff are pleasant helpful and friendly. The room was brilliant and at the price I couldn't fault it, Free Wifi is as all hotels should be nowadays. The restaurants and cocktail bar are very pleasant and I would recommend them even if you are not stopping there. I enjoyed 2 nights and finished it off with afternoon tea, not cheap but I had refills all afternoon so who could want for more.

At the price its as good as it gets. and better than some at twice the price!!!

Room Tip: take the larger deluxe room its worth the extra £ didn't hear any noise in the room at all.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was delighted you awarded us five stars following your stay with us and that you found your room pleasant and would recommend our restaurants and cocktail bar. I hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I needed an hotel in London at short notice and this was available via my companies travel website. I had no expectations prior to my arrival and was very pleasanty surprised.
The hotel is very well located close to Victoria Station so easy access to mainline trains, underground and buses. It is also in walking distance of sites such as Buckingham Palace and St.James Park and proximity to theatres and restaurants.
I had a room on the 7th floor and it was excellent. Much bigger than a normal London hotel room, very nice bathroom and comfy bed. There is a gym on 7th floor which looked good although I didn't have time to use it.
Breakfast was included in my room rate and it was very good. An excellent buffet of hot and cold food but also tea/coffee and fresh toast served at the table.
This is also in an interesting historic building.
If you need a well located hotel for either business or leisure I would highly recommend this.

Room Tip: I had a room on the 7th floor which was very good. Get a Bed & breakfast rate as it was very goo...
1  Thank David J

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I'm delighted you were pleasantly surprised with your stay and your room and breakfast were excellent. Our building dates back to 1862 and is steeped in history, with an ideal location here at Victoria. We hope to welcome you back on another occasion, either for business or leisure.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Although I do business in the Eaton Square area nearby, for years I have avoided hotels near Victoria Station. This time around, as I do not expect to meet any guests and because it was a short stay, I decided to give The Grosvenor a try, partly because it houses one of my favourite Chinese restaurants in London, the under-rated Grand Imperial. It was a pleasant surprise. Prices are reasonable (compared to hotels near Hyde Park Corner, which are more in the 5-star category). Beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean (although they are short on drawer space for clothes). Even for such a busy neighbourhood, the noise level is bearable. Service is good and very friendly, although it could be 'mechanistic' (eg. they pre-charge your credit card at GBP 100 per hour if you want a late check-out). The gym is basic, but adequate enough. I will probably go back.

1  Thank Lam N

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post and choosing to give us a try; I was pleased to read you found us good value and The Grand Imperial is one of your favourite Chinese restaurants in London. I was somewhat surprised that we pre-charged your credit card £100 for every hour past our check-out time and will certainly address this with my Front Office team as our standard rate is £20 per hour. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again I the near future.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Loved the decor, the room and off course the location can't get better than this in central London. Corrigan serves up extraordinary delicacies and the staff is warm and very professional.

If you have points try and upgrade to a suite!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your fabulous post. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Kind regards