“Great hotel in a convenient location”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #182 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Great hotel in a convenient location”
Reviewed 13 March 2014

I stay in London a lot. It's the first time I have stayed here. Great place to stay and a very convenient location. First impressions are very good - impressive frontage and reception hall. Check-in was very efficient. The hotel is large and my room was quite a way through the the hotel. But I enjoyed the pleasant walk through an impressive building. The room was clean and bed comfortable. I ate in the bar where the staff were attentive and friendly and the food very good. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Avoid getting a room too close to the station if you don't plan to get up early. The announcemen...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Geoff A
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I’m glad you found our location convenient and that you found us a “great place to stay”. I agree, we certainly have an impressive building which has been lovingly restored to its former Victorian glory. I do hope to welcome you back on your next visit to London.
Kind regards
Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (881)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This is the fourth time we have stayed in this hotel as its location beside Victoria Station suits us ideally. There is an entrance to the hotel in the station ticket hall.The hotel building is graceful and the bedrooms are appointed to a very high standard and are very comfortable. We were upgraded to an Executive Room which was extra spacious with a separate bath and shower cubicle in the ensuite. The staff are friendly and attentive and we were given a very personal service. Buffet breakfast will not disappoint. The Grosvenor combines the facilities and services of a large hotel with the intimate personal service that one might expect in a smaller-run hotel - thus giving the guest the best of both worlds. We are looking forward to our next trip to London and to the Grosvenor Hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dave527
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. It’s great to receive such fantastic feedback especially from a returning guest. I’m pleased you enjoyed your upgrade to an Executive room and was thrilled to read your excellent comments about my team. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Dungannon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Booked this hotel through a third party, after research and reviews, for a sightseeing weekend in London with my sister. Because I got a deal for a standard room I was sceptical. How wrong I was!!
Checking in was instant, the room was lovely, a twin room in the wing end, large by normal standards, bathroom smallish but adequate and room decor in keeping with the era hotel belongs to, great refurbishment. Just lovely!
Breakfast, a buffet, was everything anyone could want. Great selection of fruit, yougurts, hams, fish,cheese, breads, and hot food. Coffee, tea, toast was served within a few minutes of us giving our order. Very attentive staff!!
We had dinner on one evening and again the food was beautifully presented and staff so pleasant and attentive.
We had a great weekend at the Grosvenor, it is just next to the Apollo Theatre for the musical Wicked, and the Victoria Palace Theatre for Billy Elliot. When we come to London again this is the place we will definitely stay!!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Deirdre212
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your lovely post. I was thrilled to read you had a great weekend with us here at The Grosvenor. We are very proud of our standards and team here at the hotel and I will certainly pass your feedback on to them. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I have stayed several times at this Hotel for the past 2 years. To my surprise, the Hotel never hold my record. I have to fill in the same information again and again. The receptionist will only apologise but do not bother to check the computer record. I have particularly ask the receptionist to confirm my second stay on my first departure but still useless. The Hotel or maybe the staff wish NOT to know their guest.

Other than that great Concierge, great breakfast and great location. Though I might need to come back next year for the same event but no more The Grosvenor. I think I better start to find a hotel that value repeat customer

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Karl S
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was really disappointed to read your review about your check-in experience, especially from a returning guest. I will certainly ask my Front of House Manager to investigate this issue as to why this has happened. We value all of our guests here at The Grosvenor and I hope you will give us another chance. Please do contact me directly when you have a date in mind in order that I can personally oversee your reservation, my e-mail address is ian.fletcher@guoman.co.uk. I do hope to see you again next year, especially as you thought our Concierge team, location and breakfast were great.

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The hotel is extremely conveniently located for Gatwick, tube and the rest of London. There is a side entry door straight from the Victoria station (left of the Tickets counters). Very beautiful period building after a major quality renovation. Rooms are absolutely quiet. Beds are spacious and very comfortable. Wi-fi reliable. Helpful staff. Good food choice in the majestic rooms.

Room Tip: For higher ceilings and slightly larger rooms ask for a Main building. Room 626 was excellent.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. Our historical building is an ideal position here at Victoria with travel links right on our doorstep. I’m delighted that you had a comfortable stay with us and were looked after by our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 8 March 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend and we didn't really like it. When we arrived they told us that we have to wait for 20 minutes but we waited for an hour and a half. the room we had was very tiny and we had some weird white spots on the bed which wasn't too nice. Later on we went to do the afternoon tea, we sat down and no one come to assist us, we had to go and ask for a waiter even there was two waiters standing and chatting at the desk. The food and the tea was nice, but the service was terrible. After the dessert we were waiting for our tea for 20 minutes more and the waiters never come to bring it to us, so we got upset and we left. I think they should really consider to get better staff for the hotel, because this gives a bad image. The location is good and the interior of the hotel is really nice, but I wouldn't stay here again. Maybe if the change the staff.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gabor C
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I was surprised and disappointed to read your review on your experience with us. We pride ourselves on the service and standards we offer here at The Grosvenor, and this was clearly not the case during your stay. I can assure you that we have made a number of changes since you last stayed with us in April last year and I hope you will give us another chance. I was pleased to read however that you enjoyed your afternoon tea and the location of the hotel.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Grosvenor is a great "smallish" hotel located in a great location. It is right around the corner to the Victoria tube station and rail station. The hotel even has a direct door into the rail station where you can get the tube anywhere or Gatwick Express. There is also a bus stop right in front of the hotel. Down the street is Buckingham Palace and about a 10-15min walk you'll hit Westminster Abbey, Parliament, and Big Ben. You can also walk right across the bridge to the London Eye and Southbank area. The concierge is very helpful and are always there to help with directions. There is a supermarket up the street which is convenient too. The hotel does provide 1 bottle of still and sparkling water. WiFi is good. The single room is very small as you can see from my pictures but sort of expected in London or any city for that matter. The room and bathroom were very modern and clean.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. We really are conveniently located here at Victoria, adjacent to the mainline train station with easy access to the underground and bus terminal and close to many of the sights that London has to offer. Thank you for your compliments about our Concierge team who are always on hand to assist guests with any questions or queries they may have. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon.