“More Than A Good Location”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #183 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Rockwall, Texas
“More Than A Good Location”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

We knew it was convenient to the sights we wanted to visit, but the service is superb, room comfortably sized, and the bed as big as Texas. An executive king room won't disappoint especially when you partake of included breakfast. Inside passage to trains at Victoria Station and the Tub are a plus in the rainy London Spring.

Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Tom G
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your great comments on Trip Advisor and for highlighting the superb service you received from the team. I hope that you’ll choose to stay with us again in the future.

With kind regards, Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (884)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

One of the benefits of this hotel was the simple and quick access to Victoria train and Underground stations. The hotel had its own entrance inside Victoria.

I stayed one night and loved it. The room was perfect. It was a good size and was well laid out.

The bed was comfortable, it was a little soft but as I was only there one night I didn't get the mattress topper removed. Previous reviews suggested this was possible.

Although I overlooked the road, the additional inner window-slide reduced the noise level. Apart from the odd emergency vehicle, you could hardly hear anything.

The decoration throughout the hotel was lovely and the lobby was beautiful.

The staff were very helpful and nothing was too much trouble.

I also recommend the Brasserie where we had Afternoon Tea in November. The food and service could not be faulted.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m thrilled that you loved the hotel. Our location here at Victoria is second to none with the mainline trains, underground and bus terminus easily accessible via our station entrance. You have also kindly expressed your genuine appreciation of our team and we really appreciate that your recent experience has earned us your confidence in our ability to provide a comfortable stay. Please do let us know should you decide to stay with us again and we’ll ensure that the mattress topper is removed for your extra comfort.

Uxbridge, Canada
Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is one of the easiest cities to get around , We stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel around the corner from Buckingham Palace. Very convenient. We were there 2 nights fter our cruise and saw 10 main attractions. Very good transportation facilities. We wasted no time at all and saw more than expected. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ask for the updated rooms as they werent all finished when we were there.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed 11 May 2014

actually im starting to doubt ratings over tripadvisor.
the first thing i did prior booking in the grosvenor, i ve decided to check the reviews which got me interested in this hotel.
the location is amazing, right at the Victoria station which is very convenient, nevertheless the loudness of the speakers of trains and buses are extremely uncomfortable.
the club lounge is a total disappointment, two choices of tiny bits and bites are all what your getting.
the complementary cokes,water ( still and sparkling) seems to be a great idea, tho , they don't refill your water where on the other hand your coffee and tea are always refilled which i found weird. at least water should be refilled in a 4 stars hotel.
room service is very good.

for a price like this you should be getting service.

Room Tip: not over looking the victoria station.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank XRS_ahai
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m pleased that you found our location convenient but regret that the noise from the station made you uncomfortable. Thank you for your feedback on our Executive lounge, we do offer a Full English breakfast in the morning with snacks and canapés throughout the day so I’ll certainly look into why this was not the case during your stay. I do hope you’ll give us another chance in the future and if you do, please email me prior to your stay and I’ll ensure to allocate you a room away from the station.

N Ireland
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I stayed here with my daughter sister and niece for Mother's Day weekend and enjoyed every single moment. First of all the convenience of arriving in Victoria Station and walking straight into the hotel, what a beautiful foyer to arrive in. The decor, flowers and welcome were outstanding and it just got better and continued to impress the whole night. We ate the first night in the Imperial Restaurant beautiful Chinese food then followed this with cocktails in the bar. Again beautiful decor, lovely staff and would recommend the Flying Scotsman cocktail!
Both mornings we asked if we could have breakfast in the room beside the dining room which was very busy and as my sister had had foot surgery we were being very careful. It was no problem at all and what a beautiful room, afternoon tea is served here. The second morning they were serving Buck's Fizz for Mother's Day which was a lovely touch. I sat at the window feeling like the queen in this opulence. My only criticism would be that the breakfast could have been warmer, both mornings I'm afraid. Each time we went in or out of the hotel the concierge asked were we okay and if he could do anything for us. The staff were all so helpful and even moved my sister to a bigger room the second night because of her mobility difficulties and crutches. If and when I return to London I will certainly return to this beautiful spot which couldn't have made my weekend any better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. It was great to read your comments about our fabulous hotel and I am delighted you enjoyed every single moment of your stay with us. We always do our utmost to make our guests feel at home and your review will certainly be shared with my team who enjoy providing everyone with superb service. We do have an ideal location here at Victoria and receive a lot of positive feedback about our beautiful décor and cocktails from our Reunion bar. I do hope we have the chance to welcome you back to this beautiful spot soon.

Edinburgh
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Have stayed twice now with another stay in the coming week. Hotel was chosen due to proximity yo a client but it couldn't be handier for Victoria Station (the hotel is attached) and so particularly good if you are flying from Gatwick.

The public areas are grand and well maintained. The in house Chinese reatuarnt is excellent. Breakfast has a fair selection on the buffet although service can be a bit haphazard - you can order toast and sometimes it comes and sometimes it doesn't.

Some of the rooms are a bit on the small side but they are all well maintained and comfortable.

Check you receipt on check out as mine has dome wrong charges and there seemed to be a spate of people being given the wrong bills judging from what happen to colleagues and from other complaints I could hear.

This is part of the same chain as Thistle hotels but don't confuse the class of the Grovenor with the grizzly Thistles you'll find in other parts of a London.

I'd recommend this hotel - although it's not cheap.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I enjoyed reading your feedback and will pass on your compliments to the team in our Chinese restaurant. Thank you for bringing your breakfast and billing issues to my attention which will certainly be investigated. Due to the age of our building we have several different shaped and sized rooms. Please do let me know when you are next staying with us and we will do our very best to allocate you one of our larger bedrooms. Thank you for choosing to stay with us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.
Roswell, Georgia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were pleasantly surprised when we got off the train and were able to walk right in the hotel from the inside of the station. We chose this hotel because it was close to where Wicked was playing and it turned out to be right across the street. We took a walk and saw Buckingham Palace as well as Big Ben, Parliament ,Westminster Abbey on and on and so close together! I had no idea we would be able to see so much in one place. The hotel is elegant inside and we enjoyed the cocktail area before the show. Our room was quiet and very comfortable after a very full day of sight seeing and a show. We wanted a king bed as my husband is quite tall but they didn't have any so we opted for two twin beds which worked out well. The staff was so helpful showing us around and when we checked out they actually helped us find our train connection to York! I don't know how we would have done it without his help as it was quite confusing. We just can't say enough good about how well we were treated and what a great experience it was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. We are very lucky with our location here at Victoria with many of the top sites that London has to offer within walking distance and travel links to the underground, mainline and underground stations just steps away. Our helpful team here at The Grosvenor take pride in offering the very best personal service to our guests and your feedback is really appreciated. I do hope you enjoyed the theatre and should you come to London again please do let us know of your preference for a king size bed and we will do our very best to accommodate you. We hope to see you again soon.