The Grosvenor Hotel
US$217
  • Pool
US$203
4,635 results
All reviewsvictoria stationbuckingham palacereunion barwing roomchampagne barbeautiful hotelgatwick expressthe executive loungeafternoon teaan upgradebirthday treatlondon hotelbig benstayed here for one nightsingle roomhyde parkconcierge
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 6 nights and felt pampered the whole time! The rooms were a bit small, but extremely comfortable. The buffet style breakfast was delicious and the fact that the hotel is connected to Victoria Station was perfect for using the hotel as a base to travel by train around England. The staff were all very efficient and helpful, and the cocktail bar inside the hotel was a lot of fun-very classy and funky.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Irie8
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post which I really enjoyed sharing with my team. It’s always a pleasure to receive great comments from our guests and we hope to welcome you again soon for some more pampering.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

This was a 2 days, 2 nights stay. Proposal weekend.
Hotel was aware of the purpose of our weekend in London and they welcomed us with a bottle of delicious wine! Nice gesture which started amazing 2 days.
Room was very clean equipped with hairdryer, iron and Bose sound system (good speakers).
Hotel is situated just next to Victoria Station and to busy road, but room was quiet and calm.
I recommend also hotel restaurant that serves delicious meals.

Only one thing they can make better is WiFi speed.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for choosing our hotel for your special weekend. I do hope that you left us with happy memories and my team and I look forward to seeing you again soon for another excellent stay.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Wife and I took the grand kids for a week in London. Some years ago we stayed at the Grosvenor and had a good experience and of course it is a great location. This trip when we checked in I asked for a twin for the kids and king for us. The clerk immediately went into sales mode to charge extra. In the end, to keep the cost down, we kept the original room for the kids with no extra charge, they got a regular bed, in a very tiny room where the little bed covered almost all of the room - you could barely walk around it and the bathroom was also super small. I ended up paying 240 pounds (over $400) for an upgrade to a king. It was a larger room but not by much. The view for both rooms was another building. I was very upset but my wife insisted that I not complain to the front desk - in our travels we have seen how the "Ugly Americans" act and we did not want to be one. We paid big bucks for the rooms to begin with and then I feel we got screwed out of another $400, while we got crummy rooms. I know they have nice rooms - I have stayed in one. I suggest you know what you are getting upfront or you may have similar experience. In my case I will not return to the Grosvenor, its just not worth it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jack C

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your room and didn’t think that the upgrade was worth the price. Our building was erected in 1862 and due to its age has a variety of different size and configured bedrooms. It’s disappointing that you didn’t speak to our Reception team as they would have been only too happy to offer you an alternative room as we always want our guests to have an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us. I do hope you’ll give us another chance and should you be visiting London again please do contact me directly so I can personally ensure that you enjoy a memorable stay with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We booked an executive double room and asked if we might be able to check in early as we wanted to be able to get changed ahead of an afternoon event we were attending. When we arrived our room was ready, and I have to say that we were pleasantly surprised by the size of our corner room, which was almost a mini-suite, with a hallway, dressing area outside a huge bathroom equipped with separate shower and claw-footed bath, and a large arched window. I can’t remember the last time we stayed in a city centre hotel with a window in the bathroom – let alone one the size here. The bed was a good size, and there was a sofa and coffee table in the main part of the room as well. The main room had good sized windows on 2 sides.

Executive rooms include access to a separate lounge that is staffed, and offers drinks and food throughout the day, for no additional charge. This made our stay particularly pleasant – we had a pot of tea shortly after we arrived, and then a gin and tonic and canapés in the early evening. Breakfast can also be taken here, and means that you save the cost of breakfast in the hotel brasserie.

Apart from a small amount of noise of announcements from Victoria station our room was quiet. It was clean and well presented.

Given the convenient location, and all-round pleasant experience of staying at the Grosvenor we will definitely return, and will be sure to ask for the same room again (436).

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gibbinspm

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your detailed post. I’m delighted you were pleasantly surprised by your room along with the extra facilities that we offer in our Executive Lounge. We always do our very best to ensure that our guests leave with fond memories of our team as well as our hotel. Our location is second to none here at Victoria with transport links just on our doorstep and many sights within walking distance. The team and I do hope you’ll visit us again soon for another really good experience.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Ornate and glamorous entry hall, stairs, bars and restaurant. Very good food. some rooms are small but all very well appointed, good gym. I find the views of the busy streets and station below show the vibrancy of the area and I find very little noise gets to the rooms. A big step-up in elegance from the plastic "value" hotels in the area.

Room Tip: 749 would be a very small double for a couple
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thanks for your post. It was a pleasure to read your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back for some more good food and another exceptional stay.