“Can't wait to come back”

The Grosvenor Hotel
Ranked #196 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to come back”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

The staff at The Grosvenor are so friendly and helpful. I had requested an early check in, and had been told they couldn't guarantee anything. We arrived at the hotel at 09:30 on Friday to leave our bags and explore the city further, we were amazed to find 2 rooms ready for us.

The hotel is immaculate, nothing at all is too much trouble, the staff are polite and helpful. The beds are comfortable, choice of pillows.

This hotel may be next to a major rail station, but you have no idea of that from inside the hotel.

Grosvenor for me for all future trips to London. The location takes some beating.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank HBBlue
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. Our team will always do their very best to accommodate our guests needs and requirements whether it is for an early check in, alternative pillow or recommendations of what to discover in London along with any other requests. We do hope to welcome you back to The Grosvenor when you are next in town.
With kind regards, Ian

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (897)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
bournemouth
Reviewed 27 July 2014

my friend came over from America and i wanted to spoil us, without breaking the bank !! we were blown away, the beds so comfy, and all so clean, the food amazing and the staff very attentive, i will be back, we felt like royalty here and being in the middle of london, i didnt hear a thing at night and slept like a baby !! cant say enough about this place !!! AWESOME .

Room Tip: go for it !!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Trevor n Chriss... G
IanFletcher, General Manager at The Grosvenor Hotel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your wonderful post. I’m delighted you enjoyed being spoilt during your stay with us. My team and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Grosvenor Hotel very soon.
London
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Even if it is a big hotel it 's remain quiet and cosy. Ideally situated especially if your travelling via Gatwick airport, the breakfast is very fresh. Don't miss the "Imperial" it's a must. Also a nice place to meet clients.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. We do have a perfect situation here at The Grosvenor with travel links to and from the city right on our doorstep which also makes us an ideal meeting place. Thank you for your compliments about our Grand Imperial restaurant which I will certainly pass on to the team and we hope you‘ll come and visit us again in the near future.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed 26 July 2014

This is a great hotel, don't get me wrong.
Good - Train station door to door. Clean, good WIFI, couple of minutes from major landmarks. Service is ok. Air conditioner easy to set and quiet.

Bad - No sufficient power adapters, I had to disconnect the TV to charge the phones. Rooms doors make heavy noise when close. Lobby and restaurants too quiet and empty so I was not sure if try them.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I’m pleased that you considered us overall a great hotel and appreciate your comments both good and bad which we will certainly use to improve our guests experience moving forward. The team and I hope you’ll come and visit us here at The Grosvenor again soon and try our restaurant next time; I’m sure you won’t be disappointed.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The location really is superb - a massive downpour of rain yesterday whilst we were out - we caught the tube, exited Victoria station directly into the Grosvenor and avoided a drenching. Then last night 2 minutes walk to take us to see Billy Elliot (which we loved!)

But on the downside - we booked an executive room and although reasonably large it was so poorly laid out we didn't get the benefit of the space. The room was a bit shabby - carpet stains which I find uncomfortable. The shower dripped all night. It has been very hot and the air conditioner wasn't working - the filter was blocked. Not in itself anything major but little bits that are not regularly done to maintain a high standard. And we had the 'special' meal at the bistro before the theatre last night and fir the first time in many years sent a meal back. ( a chicken Caesar salad with slices of chicken breast that were like crunchy rubber)

The Executive Lounge wasn't bad but most of the staff wore "in training" badges and there was obviously no one around training them. Breakfast was available there at no charge which was great. The fresh fruit was great and pastries lovely. The hot buffet was a bit stewed, however.

Great hotel for the location and an overnight stay, but very expensive for the quality. I'd much prefer to pay a bit more and stay at the Royal Horseguards (same hotel chain).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HilsTassie
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I regret that you were disappointed with your Executive room during your stay with us. Your feedback is invaluable and I have fed your comments back to my Housekeeping and Maintenance departments as these issues are not indicative of the high standards we pride ourselves on here at The Grosvenor. Our new Executive Chef also appreciates your comments, both positive and negative as this helps him to improve the standards in our Executive Lounge. As you mentioned, we do have a great location and the team and I here at The Grosvenor hope you’ll give us another chance on your next trip to London.
Reviewed 25 July 2014

A classic restored 19th century hotel attached to adjacent Victoria station has so much going for it: convenient location adjacent to the underground "Tube" and Victoria station, nearby shopping mall, classic elegant interior, restored modernized rooms, friendly staff, and delicious and complete breakfast. However, the one glaring problem is STREET NOISE. I specifically requested a room away from the train station as recommended by other reviewers, so we ended up in a 4th floor room overlooking Buckingham Palace road. To my horror, the street noise was clearly audible, especially when trying to sleep. In fact, you can hear every bus, truck and motorcycle that passes by and the ambulances and police vehicles sound like they are driving through the hotel room! The problem is that during renovation, it appears that they used cheap single pane glass windows (instead of double pane, sound-insulated windows) overlaid upon the original thin glass windows from the 19th century. The result is very poor street noise insulation. Needless to say, sleep was poor until i discovered silicone ear plugs at a nearby drug store. I'm pretty sure it would have been better to overlook the train station and hear the announcements than the street noise. Other than the street noise, hotel was great.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. I’m pleased that you found the hotel great but regret that your stay was marred by the noise from the street. All of the windows in our Grade II listed building are furnished with secondary double glazing which are made to measure due to the age of the hotel. I’m sorry that the street noise prevented you from having a restful nights sleep. I do hope you’ll give us another chance next time you need to stay in London, please let me know should you choose to stay with us again and I will ensure that you are allocated one of our quieter rooms. The team and I here at The Grosvenor hope to see you again soon.
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Stayed here with work as was closest hotel I could get to the Victoria Station. This was a very nice hotel – clean and modern rooms, free access to the gym which was great – decent selection of machines (the usual treadmill, bike etc.). The room had a desk area which I was able to work at. I had dinner in the room which was lovely and the full English breakfast I had the next morning was also very nice. This hotel is very conveniently located – there is a door in the hotel which takes you directly into the concourse of the station; you literally couldn’t get a closer hotel! Reception staff were also very friendly upon checking in.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Reviewer,
Thanks for your post. You certainly can’t get a better location than The Grosvenor with travel links right on our doorstep. Thank you for your comments regarding our Reception team which I will enjoy sharing with them. We do hope you’ll visit us again in the near future.