“Cheap and really cheerful!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Surrey Docks Farm

Surrey Docks Farm
Ranked #424 of 1,568 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: A local community Farm, right on the Thames Path in Rotherhithe, across the river from Canary Wharf. Much more than just a Farm, with loads to see and do for all ages. The Farm is open 7 days a week, but on-site Piccalilli Cafe closes on Mondays.
London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cheap and really cheerful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

I am fortunate enough to live on the same street as this city farm and I have lost count of how many times in 8 years I have been there with my girlfriend, my mother and nephew who travel all the way from Redhill time and again. We always have an awesome time.
it's rather small but really welcoming and a fantastic free(donation based) day out. It's never been busy as such but that's a great thing as you get full attention of the many farm animals of which you can feed and interact with, who all seem to be looked after extremely well, speaking as a militant vegetarian/vegan.
The cafe which seems to be run by 2 or 3 people is ALWAYS serving a high grade of food and fantastic customer service, I have never been disappointed by it and I am well known for my complaining!

They also have a small shop selling this and that, (books,DVDs,games..second hand mostly) a bit like a market stall. I am not certain but I imagine you may be able to donate any old books,DVDs etc.

Toilets seem well looked after.

Easy to get to on C10 from Canada water, Bermondsey or Rotherhithe station. 2 min walk from 381 bus top from the same stations.

In this day and age when nothing is free it is refreshing to find a hidden jem like this who clearly have their act together. I look forward to my next visit :D

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Vic R

Leamington spa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Lovely animals”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We spent 3 hours walking around seeing the animals which are well cared for. Probably spent an hour with the goats feeding and petting them. Arnold the Billy Goat is lovely. The cafe serves excellent food and the shop has reasonably priced gifts. Definitely worth a visit and we will definitely return in the summer

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Maxine H
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A feel of countryside in the heart of London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

The farm was recommended to us by a great friend and I was simply amazed by the stunning location and friendly setting of this place. You can simultaneously enjoy the stunning panorama of the city of London in the background whilst admiring farm animals and sunflowers outdoors. A nice escape from the daily stress of everyday life whilst staying at the heart of the capital!

Visited October 2013
3 Thank Lorelei82
Reading, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“A lovely escape from concrete London”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

I had no idea that there was a farm on the banks of the Thames until a frind who lives near by told me. We had a fantastic afternoon looking around, seeing the animals, looking in the shop and having a fantastic lunch in the cafe. I would go back there again anytime I'm visiting that part of London. It's really deserves support and I know they're trying to make improvements all the time so although there isn't a fee I would always donate a couple of pounds.

Visited September 2013
3 Thank pGeek1980
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Love this place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had such a good time when we went there. Food is lovely and the atmosphere is great !
I'm definitely recommending it !

Visited June 2013