“Excellent Location, a minutes walk from Bayswater Tube”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hyde Park Suites

Hyde Park Suites
Ranked #472 of 837 Speciality Lodging in London
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location, a minutes walk from Bayswater Tube”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed one night here recently, location excellent; the apartment was clean and comfortable,booked through late rooms after seeing photos which I can see now are old. The apartment was well equipped for a short stay however, I felt a little disappointed, having said that it was a Saturday night in a prime central location. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a room on the top floor, so three staircases, please note, there isn't a lift.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Alberta, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Was nervous due to poor reviews, but my experience was good, so that is what I'm rating. I stayed for 5 nights with my mum and grandma (who is 88). We were given a 1st floor studio apartment. Room was clean and comfortable. One large double bed and a cot. Cot was comfortable. Kitchen was great, had all amenities. Fridge needed defrosting. No hand towels or face-clothes. Bathroom was very small, but good water pressure and temperature.
We had a small balcony and two big windows that opened. Street is busy (lots of hotels and a hostel across from us), so we slept with windows closed.
Can see how ground floor would be noisy.
Awesome location, so close to everything. We stayed at #79 Inverness, so just down the street from the reception desk. Would be nice if garbage had been emptied once ever few days. Towels were replaced after 3 days. Reception staff were friendly.

Room Tip: 1st floor so you are above the street but not up tons of flights of stairs. We were in 79 building o...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I read through some of the negative comments and decided to ignore them as I am not a moaner, will often put up with something. A service or accommodation has to be really really bad for me to complain. I booked this based on the pictures on lastminute.com however I can only assume the pictures are decades old! I travel frequently and stay in hotels / apartments twice a week. We had a basement room for around £73 for what was described as a superior double room!! so ok I wasn't expecting much as that is very cheap for London.....I wasn't expecting what I actually got however....the room was a basement damp filled squalor or a room with mould and a fould smell of gas that made the apartment unhabitable......in very simple terms the place is absolutely aweful and certainly not any where near a 3*......it really should be closed down. We checked out the same day as it was so below par I didn't actually feel safe. The staff were pleasant and no fault of theirs but the owners of this dump should be ashamed!! Seriously avoid!! I found a 4* around the corner that cropped up on Trivago for £69 and it was a delight so just shows even for a small price in London you don't have to accept a dangerous badly maintained place to stay.....avoid at all costs!!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother at all!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank simonnotsimple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

We recently stayed at Hyde Park Suites (in their Talbot Square apartment). Frankly it was a disgrace so I would not wish this on anyone who wants an enjoyable stay in London. Main issues were as follows:

Room smelt of vomit / dirty drains - nothing we could do to get rid of this smell
No air conditioning
Broken security lock on main door so anyone could just walk in off the street - this had clearly been like it for some time
Indifferent reception - staff who just wanted my money and couldn't care less about whether it was a good experience
No maintenance on the building
Rats in the ceiling space - yes you read that correctly!

Simply because you have a good location near to Hyde Park does not mean that you can provide such awful accommodation. The council should investigate and shut this place down in my opinion! I couldn't get out of this place fast enough!

Don't waste your money - better to get a private room at a nice hostel and it will cost you less and be more enjoyable. I have only given 1 star because it is not possible to give no stars

Room Tip: Don't choose any of them!
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick J
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Rented a studio for one night and when we got there we were told to go to another house across the street. We weren't escorted to our room and had to struggle up 5 flights of narrow stairs with out suitcases. I'm young and even I found it a struggle so if your elderly it would be a serious trip hazard! We were rudely woken up by cleaning staff 2 hours before check out time. Luckily I dead opted the door otherwise they would have just walked right in! The shower room is ridiculous in size. There is no space and the shower was so slow draining we had to wait 10 minutes to use the shower again. Prior to arriving I contacted the hotel to check to see whether they could store luggage after check out as we planned to go out for the day. I was reassured that that was absolutely fine and they were able to do it no problem. When I checked out I had the woman tell me there wasn't any space and she couldn't help us. If there was going to be an issue of space with storing our stuff they should have told us when i asked. not lied! avoid like the plague.

• Stayed August 2013
Riverside, Connecticut, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013

Terrible!
No lift + noisy + strange people + Horrible furniture

I wanted to leve the place as soon as I got there!
They offered us a flat in the 4th floor without a lift, some families had to go with children, luggage and stroller all the way up.... not worth it!

The smell os marihuana was all around...

Definitely not for families :(

Room Tip: There is not a "good room"
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013 via mobile

If you are looking for a full service Hotel, look elsewhere .. but if you are looking for a well priced, well located, roomy motel like experience, with full kitchenette, then this may be the place for you. Our experience this week has been excellent!

We booked this place primarily for location and price, and like most of the reviews here, the location exceeded our expectations. There are many good restaurants, 2 tube stations on 3 lines just around the corner, 2 small supermarkets and 2 full ones nearby, a laundromat, and a few good shops.

As mentioned in many reviews, these are stand-alone apartments, check in at the main office and they send you to your apartment in another building, we were around 10 doors down at 81 Inverness, we had a "Standard Apartment" as listed on Expedia, the room was on the 4th floor. The elevators were working and got us to the 3rd, we did have to climb the last few stairs with our bags. The check in staff were excellent, storing our luggage, trying to get us into our room early, answering all of our questions.

The suite was quite pleasant, with hard wood floors,a small but comfortable bed, and a relatively good pull out sofa from Ikea for my son. The kitchenette included stove, oven, microwave, fridge, toaster, kettle and enough utensils for 4. A small table and 3 chairs rounded out the room. It was basic, but for 7 nights it did us well.

A few small issues that stop me giving it a 5 would be the extra touches that would have been nice. There is an A.C.unit, but it doesn't work (not that they ever told us there would be, it's just a little frustrating to see it there), the towel change and 1 service a week is probably a little too irregular, no tea towels, no shampoo. But all of this didn't stop us having a great time.

• Stayed August 2013