“Nice place to rest...”

Hyde Park Suites
Ranked #460 of 823 Speciality Lodging in London
“Nice place to rest...”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

with clear rooms, a little bathroom and close to the city centre (Queensway tube station 100m, Central line) (Bayswater tube station 250m Circle&District line) and to the Hyde Park. Sometimes a bit dirty but a nice price for the hotel's place.

Stayed October 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We stayed one night here recently, location excellent; the apartment was clean and comfortable,booked through late rooms after seeing photos which I can see now are old. The apartment was well equipped for a short stay however, I felt a little disappointed, having said that it was a Saturday night in a prime central location. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a room on the top floor, so three staircases, please note, there isn't a lift.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Alberta, Canada
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Was nervous due to poor reviews, but my experience was good, so that is what I'm rating. I stayed for 5 nights with my mum and grandma (who is 88). We were given a 1st floor studio apartment. Room was clean and comfortable. One large double bed and a cot. Cot was comfortable. Kitchen was great, had all amenities. Fridge needed defrosting. No hand towels or face-clothes. Bathroom was very small, but good water pressure and temperature.
We had a small balcony and two big windows that opened. Street is busy (lots of hotels and a hostel across from us), so we slept with windows closed.
Can see how ground floor would be noisy.
Awesome location, so close to everything. We stayed at #79 Inverness, so just down the street from the reception desk. Would be nice if garbage had been emptied once ever few days. Towels were replaced after 3 days. Reception staff were friendly.

Room Tip: 1st floor so you are above the street but not up tons of flights of stairs. We were in 79 building o...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I read through some of the negative comments and decided to ignore them as I am not a moaner, will often put up with something. A service or accommodation has to be really really bad for me to complain. I booked this based on the pictures on lastminute.com however I can only assume the pictures are decades old! I travel frequently and stay in hotels / apartments twice a week. We had a basement room for around £73 for what was described as a superior double room!! so ok I wasn't expecting much as that is very cheap for London.....I wasn't expecting what I actually got however....the room was a basement damp filled squalor or a room with mould and a fould smell of gas that made the apartment unhabitable......in very simple terms the place is absolutely aweful and certainly not any where near a 3*......it really should be closed down. We checked out the same day as it was so below par I didn't actually feel safe. The staff were pleasant and no fault of theirs but the owners of this dump should be ashamed!! Seriously avoid!! I found a 4* around the corner that cropped up on Trivago for £69 and it was a delight so just shows even for a small price in London you don't have to accept a dangerous badly maintained place to stay.....avoid at all costs!!!!

Room Tip: Don't bother at all!!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank simonnotsimple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We recently stayed at Hyde Park Suites (in their Talbot Square apartment). Frankly it was a disgrace so I would not wish this on anyone who wants an enjoyable stay in London. Main issues were as follows:

Room smelt of vomit / dirty drains - nothing we could do to get rid of this smell
No air conditioning
Broken security lock on main door so anyone could just walk in off the street - this had clearly been like it for some time
Indifferent reception - staff who just wanted my money and couldn't care less about whether it was a good experience
No maintenance on the building
Rats in the ceiling space - yes you read that correctly!

Simply because you have a good location near to Hyde Park does not mean that you can provide such awful accommodation. The council should investigate and shut this place down in my opinion! I couldn't get out of this place fast enough!

Don't waste your money - better to get a private room at a nice hostel and it will cost you less and be more enjoyable. I have only given 1 star because it is not possible to give no stars

Room Tip: Don't choose any of them!
Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nick J
Reviewed 25 August 2013 via mobile

Rented a studio for one night and when we got there we were told to go to another house across the street. We weren't escorted to our room and had to struggle up 5 flights of narrow stairs with out suitcases. I'm young and even I found it a struggle so if your elderly it would be a serious trip hazard! We were rudely woken up by cleaning staff 2 hours before check out time. Luckily I dead opted the door otherwise they would have just walked right in! The shower room is ridiculous in size. There is no space and the shower was so slow draining we had to wait 10 minutes to use the shower again. Prior to arriving I contacted the hotel to check to see whether they could store luggage after check out as we planned to go out for the day. I was reassured that that was absolutely fine and they were able to do it no problem. When I checked out I had the woman tell me there wasn't any space and she couldn't help us. If there was going to be an issue of space with storing our stuff they should have told us when i asked. not lied! avoid like the plague.

• Stayed August 2013