Hyde Park Suites
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 July 2014

'Suites' is quit the claim, and the stay certainly did not live up to it. Tiny room, tiny bathroom, tiny everything. I could not close the bathroom door when sitting on the toilet. Kudos to the guy who took the pictures, I am not sure how he / she managed to get these angles so that you can't tell from them how TINY this place is. And it was smelly and not at all clean. The place has likely seen some smokers.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stefan S
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We chose this place for it's price and close proximity to Hyde Park. I would advise you to think about spending a bit more and not staying here. Small, dirty & noisy would sum it up nicely I think. The sheets were clean and that's the only good thing I can say about it - I didn't dare peel them back to look @ the mattress! No aircon. so had to open window - very difficult to open & had no means of keeping open so used a water bottle to wedge it. There was a balcony with a rotten indoor chair on it that overlooked the rear or the property. The curtains were very thin + the balcony door curtain was way too short - not great in summer if you want a lie in. Cleaners and residents alike were very noisy, doors banged throughout our stay. Cleaners need a lesson in cleaning - the shower cubicle was an absolute disgrace. Couldn't stand in front of the wash basin as the toilet occupied this space so used the kitchen sink to wash / brush teeth. Pillows filled with cubes of foam; take your own if you're still going to book it after reading this. TV has no sound; couldn't be bothered to report it as, judging by the state of the place, no one would have cared.

Room Tip: Book somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Paula S S
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I booked an apartment using my Avios as we want to stay in town to watch the Tour de France. After reading the reviews on here, I thought I had made a terrible mistake!

The location is great, just off Hyde Park and round the corner from a shopping centre with a tonne of restaurants and a cinema.

We arrived around 7pm and were greeted by two really friendly receptionists. Our apartment was about 10 doors from reception in a building which had clearly had the front courtyard refurbished - lots of kerb appeal.

We were on the lower ground floor with not a great view (they are about to lay decking outside) but that really didn't matter. There was plenty of space inside, a separate kitchen, small table and separate bathroom.

Everywhere was spotlessly clean! To me, that's the most important thing. The bed was comfortable too.

We got a great night's sleep! I would definitely come back again.

Don't let other reviews put you off, this is a great overnight bolt hole in the city.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank treatmelikeaprincess
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If I had paid less for this 'hotel' I might not feel so hard done to, but over £150 per night for this place was a complete rip off. From the start, the welcome was non existent and was kept waiting a long time to check in, which, after a long (delayed) journey and arriving at almost 1am, was not a good start. I had not appreciated that the rooms were in different buildings in the street, so after eventually getting my key, I had 'just a two minute walk' down the road in my own at 1am with my bags to then negotiate stairs (no lift to the top floor). Also, as it's an 'apart hotel' there is literally nothing in it re drinks and arriving late at night meant there was nowhere open to get anything either. Could do with even some complimentary tea/coffee.

The room was tiny and things did not work (hair dryer, tele, air con....)
Very noisy street and people in and out of other rooms seemed to have no regard for anyone else with their shouting and banging around up and down stairs, doors banging etc. this all made for terrible sleeping.

There were always people hanging around the stairs and at the front door which made it feel quite unsafe. Not sure if some people lived there...

All in all, uncomfortable, over priced, noisy and tiny. If it was £30 per night then ok, but at over £150......terrible!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Shiv73
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Small and very noisy room - pictures seem better! WiFi and mobile connection didn't work!
skylight window had no blind so sun came in at 5-6am every morning, then the cleaners were banging around all morning and chatting! no towel replacements and only shared laundry room.

Wouldn't stay here again for this price! Executive is totally the wrong word!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple