“Great value and tasty Turkish”
Review of Zengi Restaurant.

Zengi Restaurant.
Ranked #2,404 of 23,713 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$5 - US$17
Cuisines: Turkish
Dining options: After-hours, Buffet, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Description: A cosy hideaway in Shoreditch, fusing eclectic flavours from across the Middle East with unique dishes brought to you from our Arabian kitchen. What better way to continue your journey with us but by enjoying shisha in our outside heated area and indoor E-shisha basement.
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Opposite an Ibis Hotel.
Ordered two eggplant dishes starters plus two main portions enough for three people.
The starters were very tasty and the freshly baked Turkish bread was great at no added charge.
The yogurt drink was refreshing.
One main was a koffta with rice and salad the other chicken skewers with similar sides. Both freshly made and nicely presented not too spicy. We skipped desserts or coffee.
With a ten percent service charge and including one coke it was worth 36£.
We definitely return although a bit out of the way

Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently went to Zengi for my birthday with my friends and was absolutely appalled by the service provided by the waitress, who was serving us. Aside from the fact that we were served a rock hard bun and there appeared to be no chicken on the baby chicken, a number of us ordered. The service itself, was the worst I have experienced in all my years, living in London. Despite making a reservation for 10, we arrived to only 8 plates on our table and had to ask for more. Not only this, but once she served the starter, she was in such a rush to clear the table, whereby most of us hadn't even finished. I politely asked her to wait, but she had no customer service skills and took it anyway. As it was my birthday, I didn't want to create a scene and ignored it. Not only this, after the mains were served, we requested a jug of water, which never showed up,despite us reminding her constantly. The feeling we received was like she couldn't be bothered and I was left feeling embarrassed. To sum it up, I wont be going back anytime soon.

2  Thank Beena A
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Nice decor inside when we were seated downstairs food was amazing one of the best turkish restraunts I have been to in a while service was good will be coming again!!!

1  Thank Kyse A
Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a delicious evening meal with family. Service was warm and welcoming. Would recommend the Turkish Pizzas and Iraqi Kibbe, highlights among delicately spiced and tasty grilled meats. Will definitely return for great food, welcoming atmosphere. Good value too.

Reviewed 5 October 2013 via mobile

Great atmosphere as soon as we arrived. All the food was amazing that the 5 of us tried and well priced too!