“Great little restaurant”
Review of Zengi Restaurant.

Zengi Restaurant.
Ranked #1,454 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$6 - US$19
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Buffet, Cash Only, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Whitechapel
Description: A cosy hideaway in Shoreditch, fusing eclectic flavours from across the Middle East with unique dishes brought to you from our Arabian kitchen. What better way to continue your journey with us but by enjoying shisha in our outside heated area and indoor E-shisha basement.
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

Zengi was at the end of the road from my old flat and every time I ate there the food was excellent and the service great too.

The kebabs are excellent and so is the mixed grill. In fact everything I had there was really good.

Visited August 2013

“Good food, Fun Shisha”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

The food is good here and they also do take out which is good as the restaurant can be quiet on weekends. I really enjoy sitting outside and smoking the flavored shisha as something a bit different!

Visited November 2013
London
“Downhill after starters”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

We were received with a warm welcome although we were slightly dubious as to why the place was near empty on a Saturday night.
However the delicious starters made us think we were right to come here. Sadly we were not. The lamb tajine was bland and topped with what tasted like a can of tinned tomatoes, as was the lamb and pepper curry. We appreciate the spices are milder in this type of cuisine but there simply was no flavour. Keen to try everything we also ordered a Turkish pizza, big mistake, it tasted of nothing. Will not be coming here again, a pricey mistake.

• Visited February 2014
“Great value and tasty Turkish”
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Opposite an Ibis Hotel.
Ordered two eggplant dishes starters plus two main portions enough for three people.
The starters were very tasty and the freshly baked Turkish bread was great at no added charge.
The yogurt drink was refreshing.
One main was a koffta with rice and salad the other chicken skewers with similar sides. Both freshly made and nicely presented not too spicy. We skipped desserts or coffee.
With a ten percent service charge and including one coke it was worth 36£.
We definitely return although a bit out of the way

• Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“The worst service I have ever seen..”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

I recently went to Zengi for my birthday with my friends and was absolutely appalled by the service provided by the waitress, who was serving us. Aside from the fact that we were served a rock hard bun and there appeared to be no chicken on the baby chicken, a number of us ordered. The service itself, was the worst I have experienced in all my years, living in London. Despite making a reservation for 10, we arrived to only 8 plates on our table and had to ask for more. Not only this, but once she served the starter, she was in such a rush to clear the table, whereby most of us hadn't even finished. I politely asked her to wait, but she had no customer service skills and took it anyway. As it was my birthday, I didn't want to create a scene and ignored it. Not only this, after the mains were served, we requested a jug of water, which never showed up,despite us reminding her constantly. The feeling we received was like she couldn't be bothered and I was left feeling embarrassed. To sum it up, I wont be going back anytime soon.

• Visited January 2014