“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Booking Office

The Booking Office
Reserve with OpenTable
The Booking Office is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,239 of 22,373 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$13 - US$46
Cuisines: Bar, European, British
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Situated in the original station's ticket hall, the Booking Office Bar & Restaurant at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel is one of the most inspirational places to enjoy a drink in the City. Reviving the tradition of the station cafe, the cathedral-like drama of the space, combined with 29m-long bar and menu serving classic British dishes, are conversation-stoppers at any time of day. A striking setting for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, the Booking Office also offers an array of punches and mixed drinks recreated from lost recipes from the Victorian era, as well as a range of bespoke and seasonal cocktails.
Montpellier, France
“Mixed feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

I have eaten lunch here many times in the past and found the food excellent. However, this time I had breakfast and it was not very good. The service was slow and I had a train to catch. The food was really only average. I do hate too a buffet breakfast. When you are alone it is difficult to watch your bags and get your food. Also a lot of the food is "stewed". The staff did actually serve me but it was really very slow and at times I wondered if my food was coming at all. The evening before I had wanted to invite a friend for a drink in the Booking Office but it was too noisy and we repaired to the hotel lobby. A shame really as for lunch I would really recommend it. My friend and I later had a drink on the terrace outside the Booking Office and I have to say that we did not enjoy it. The service was awful, and the prices high !

Visited April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Steeped in History”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

This is not only a great restaurant, it s a significant and grand architectural treat just to be in the building. A nice bar too - although stick to the cocktails as the stout is too expensive and served in tankards that make it taste 'tinny'.

A very good atmosphere and service you would expect from a top class hotel, as this restaurant forms part of the St Pancras development. Access through the station concourse and take a moment to admire the statue of Sir John Betjemen, himself looking up at the magnificent station, for none of what you see would be there if it wasn't for him.

• Visited February 2014
Varese, Italy
“Posh ambient!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I have been here just for a drink, and I must say that the ambient is really suggestive. The staff is friendly and polite, although Tuesdays, there was a lot of people, there were no seats so we settled for a good beer in steins metal, drunk standing up, resting on the bench. I can't comment on the food but the atmosphere is very special and cared for. I'll definitely try to come back for dinner.

• Visited February 2014
2 Thank KaITrAvEL
Antonio-Bruno_London, Manager at The Booking Office, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your time with us and were particularly impressed by the surroundings. I am glad you enjoyed your beer in our pewter tankards. As the Booking Office is a very popular venue I would encourage you to make a reservation even during the week.
Thanks again for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
“stunning environment with a perfect mixicologist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

After a few feedback, we finally found this "gothic cocktail temple". The whole restaurant is breathtaking, and the stuff is really helpful and professional. Especially if we are talking about one of the bartenders: Peter Sifter. He knows what his guests want. Doesn't matter if the drink what you would like to have is not on the menu. Quite high encyclopedic knowledge about spirits and cocktail history. He is like that "nothing is impossible" guy. And this confidence is not a random thing. We've got so miraculous cocktails from him what you cannot imagine. Bartenders are helpful to choose the right snakcs next to your drinks and those are really nice as well. That's why it's "mandatory" to visit the Booking Office if you are nearby!
Hope to be there soon and try some mains as well (unfortunately we didn't have a reservation...).
Beyond excellent!

• Visited March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you were particularly impressed by the service received by Peter in particular. I will share your valued feedback with Peter and the rest of the team. Thanks again for your feedback and we do hope to welcome you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on antonio.bruno@renaissancehotels.com to book your next visit.
Kind regards, Antonio Bruno, General Manager
“Total rip off with delusions of adequacy”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014 via mobile

I met some business acquaintances here recently and I was quite frankly appalled.

The price of £4 for coffee in a china cup and £14 for eggs benedict is quite frankly extortionate. This could be partially excused if the service was top class but alas nothing could be further from the truth.

The waiter could hardly speak English, he brought one of us what she had not ordered, which meant our food went cold while we all waited for her to be cooked and then to arrive. He leaned right across me when serving and we had to ask for more coffee.

Food? Average. Not bad, but not great either.

If you have money to burn and don't care you could try this place just to see how bad it is. If not, avoid like the plague.

I won't be going back and am advising my business friends as well as you, dear reader, not to go. There's a greasy spoon cafe on York Way that does a great fry up and builders tea for a fiver. I would go there in preference to this place any day

2 Thank AngusMcKechnie
Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments regarding the service you received and I would like to reassure you that this is very far from the service that we demand here at the Booking Office bar. I would love to learn more about your experience, I can be contacted on 020 7841 3566 or antonio.bruno@renaissancehotels.com.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Once again thank you for taking the time to comment and I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.