“rude, unpleasant staff”

Price range: US$14 - US$49
Cuisines: British, Gastropub
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Situated in the original station's ticket hall, the Booking Office Bar & Restaurant at St Pancras Renaissance Hotel is one of the most inspirational places to enjoy a drink in the City. Reviving the tradition of the station cafe, the cathedral-like drama of the space, combined with 29m-long bar and menu serving classic British dishes, are conversation-stoppers at any time of day. A striking setting for breakfast, brunch, lunch or dinner, the Booking Office also offers an array of punches and mixed drinks recreated from lost recipes from the Victorian era, as well as a range of bespoke and seasonal cocktails.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

on a recent short stop over in st pancras station we had been advised to take a look at the booking office, apparently the inside of the building is magnificent. i was 'greeted' by a door man/waiter who asked 'how he might help' (someone who has been travelling for nearly 24 hours and not looking her best) i explained i had been recommended to take a look inside, after looking me up and down said, ok madam and closed the door in my face!
rude beyond belief! i was at least expecting an invitation to take a look if nothing else, i may return one day in my glory but for now i can only think that thank goodness i have better business priciples and people skills to be successful and have much higher goals in life than to be a snotty door man /waiter who has probably never even left london, my money is as good and hard earn as any one else's
we settled in searcys champagne bar for great service

1  Thank maggiemay1925
There are newer reviews for The Booking Office

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I have no idea what the food is like but I've visited this cocktail bar twice and I love it. It's pricey, but when you see the setting you will understand why. Serious cocktails (no umbrellas!). Great atmosphere. Live jazz on a saturday

1  Thank Tripper43
Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

My friends and I went for lunch. The portions for fish and chips were miniscule for which they charged £18 plus the 12.5% service. I had to ask for the tartar sauce even though the menu daid it came with tartar sauce. There were onions in either the sauce or mushy peas which made everything yaste terrible! Although the menu states at th bottom of the first page everything above comes with chips, my friends eggs benedict at £12 did not. We were advised later that this only applies to omlettes. Nice venue yes, exceptionally poor value for money. I really expected a little more still appaled that no one offered us any condiments until we asked. £20 in total for a small portion of average fish and chips is baaaddd!!!

1  Thank Meeta B
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is somewhere I have being wanting to go to for a long time, the building is amazing and I was really looking forward to getting a closer look. We ordered a couple of cocktails to start and both were really nice. I went for the burger which was really nice and my friend had the catch of the day which was also enjoyed. We decided to have the cheesecake to share for desert, it was a sharing pudding but it was huge, they served the whole cheesecake to us in the middle of the table, giving us a knife to cut it up and little plates. We could only manage about a third and asked for them to wrap the rest so we could take it home, which they did and presented it to us in a cake box. Overall the service we experienced was very good and the staff were really friendly. It's expensive but guess that's mainly because of the cocktails!!! I would go again.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Arriving early for my train back to the North East I ventured across from Kings Cross to St Pancras as I'd heard there was much more choice of eatery. There was indeed, but faced with much the same as at Kings Cross I went up to the first floor. At first sight not much more to choose from than on the ground floor, but there, on the right hand side of the concourse, with practically no signage stands "The Booking Office".

It's a huge space with an impressive bar and very comfortable informal seating. The staff were efficient and friendly. The menu offered bar snacks, sandwiches and a small "A la Carte" selection. I opted for a couple of bar snacks as it was mid afternoon. They were sensational.......... truffle chips with a really good ketchup and crispy fried squid with aioli, washed down with a couple of drinks, though the real plus is the ambience. In a sea of chain restaurants where you almost feel compelled to leave as you put down your knife and fork I sat unhurried and finished my drink, as I read a couple of chapters.

This isn't a restaurant, it's very much a bar serving food and should be judged as such. It's not cheap, but this is London, and for the ambiance alone it's good value.