“Fine for one night.”

GreenLeadersGold level
Kampala
“Fine for one night.”
Reviewed 8 September 2012

We needed something easy, to access the Olympic Park the next morning. 3 of us in 2 rooms, £290, very expensive for what it is - I do agree the breakfast is a silly price £7, the most expensive bowl of cereal and cup of tea I have ever had - but it ticked the box for location.

Travelling with a less-abled older mother, so be prepared you have to drop off and leave them to flounder on their own whilst the car is parked in the fairly nearby Stratford Shopping Mall. I was a bit anxious about this, but my daughter sorted out both my mother and accompanied me from the multi-storey. I thought I'd have to bite the bullet with £20+ overnight car parking fee, but it turned out to be only £1 and the car was fine, massive relief!

The Hotel room was agreeable, clean and comfortable. But I completely agree with someone else - there was definitely an awful lingering cigarette smoke smell - and maybe that does come from the laundry?! Do something about this.

Despite the double glazing, my mother was kept awake from 2 am by the traffic... so bear that in mind as well.

Thumbs up to the helpful evening male receptionist, who helped me print out some parking information that had failed to arrive for the Paralympic Disabled car park. I still had to pay a pound though to use the lobby computer, as hotmail was blocked on the reception system.

Room Tip: Ask to be away from the main road!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ShellyRM
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this review, 13 September 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, I was very happy to read that you found your rooms clean and up to your expectations, also that the staff was helpful and location was great.

I was sad to read that you did experience some noise issues from outside the hotel, it has been extremely busy here in Stratford due to the Olympics and Paralympics and we have seen an increase in traffic, please accept my sincere apology for this issue.

We rarely have issues with guests smoking in the hotel as we are completely non smoking, we do offer our guests a nice smoking area in front of the hotel, however I will investigate the issues you faced with the smell of smoke in the corridor, again please accept my sincere apology.

I hope that on your next visit to London you will consider staying with us here in Ibis Stratford so we can give you a truly hassle free stay,

Mads Nielsen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Newbury
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I am a regular Ibis user, and this one was a pretty similar experience to the others. The room was a good size with a very comfortable bed and a good shower. No problems with cleanliness.

Unfortunately, the road outside was exceptionally noisy and, being Stratford, there were police/ambulance sirens about every 30 minutes throughout the night. The area also doesn't feel the safest - particularly if walking from Stratford station - although the hotel "esplanade" itself was fine.

The corridor also absolutely stunk of cigarette smoke, despite being a non-smoking corridor. I can only think the reason for this were staff smoking in the laundry room (there were staff in there and the door was open).

Didn't have breakfast at the extortionate cost of £7.50 - when you're paid >£110 a night for a room, an inclusive breakfast would be a nice touch. If Holiday Inn Express and Premier Inn can do it, so should Hotel Ibis.

I would stay again - probably - although would definitely try other hotels in the area first.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. I was happy to read that you found your room clean and the bed soft, also I trust the staff were helpful during your visit.

I was sad to read that you experience problems with noise from outside the hotel, please accept my sincere apology for this issue.

We oporate a strict non smoking policy within the hotel however sometimes we do have guests who do not follow this policy. We have staff smoking facilities outside and I would be very shocked to find staff smoking within the building, we have newer had any incident reported in the past, I will investigate this.

We look forward to welcome you back on your next visit to Stratford,

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 September 2012 via mobile

For a cheap hotel this ticked all the boxes. The shower unit is very star trek! Bed was comfy. Only downside was noisy air con. Breakfast was expensive don't bother - walk down the high st to cafe Rae-Anne for a full English with tea for less than a fiver!

Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I was very happy to read that you had a good stay with us and you found that the hotel and staff lived up to your expectations.

Budapest, Hungary
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Excellent service and staff in the heart of Stratford, next to the Olympic Park.
Comfortable room with always clean bathroom included hairdryer, internet access, tv, tea or coffe.
Good location: public transport, restaurants and shops just a minute.
It was the best choise.
Thank you.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this review, 11 December 2012
Dear AndiCW,

Thank you very much for your kind words which I will share with my team. We look forward to welcome you back to Ibis London Stratford on you next visit,

Aberystwyth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

We have stayed in a Holiday Inn hotel before and were expecting something similar here (ie cheap and nasty) but we got better. Rooms clean, comfy and quiet. Bed comfy and 2 seats provided with desk. Bathroom basically wetroom, but sufficient. Shower good. handy location as train station 10 minute stroll away

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments I have shared them with the entire team.

I was very happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay, at Ibis Hotel we always strive to be the best in budget hotels and deliver value for money to our guests.

I look forward to welcome you back to Ibis London Stratford.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 August 2012

Excellent location for the Olympic Park - just cross the Stratford Centre coming out of the tube station and turn left. Efficient reception with the usual decent room for the price. A little sparse on the toiletries so bring some with you if you want to avoid just hand wash.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments, I will be sure to share them with the entire team.

We have an excellent location for Olympic Park and Westfield and I was very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcome you back to Ibis London Stratford on your next visit to London,

Mads Nielsen
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
East End / East London
Holiday Inn Express London Stratford
Epsilon Hotel
#582 of 1,063 in London
The Westbridge Hotel
#102 of 1,063 in London
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,334 reviews

Been to Ibis London Stratford? Share your experiences!