“Not a fault to speak of”

Ibis London Stratford
Ranked #463 of 1,069 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Not a fault to speak of”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at the Ibis for five nights Monday-Saturday upon moving back to London to sort out a new house. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and I was able to go straight up to my room. I was given a disabled room (I'm not sure why I'm not disabled) but it meant the room was huge and I liked to have the space. The shower was good and powerful, the bed was super comfortable, the TV was a nice size - I can't complain about a thing in there. The lobby area is nice , a little on the small side but is a good area to have a drink and relax. I can't complain about one thing during my stay here. The staff are all fantastic, willing to help and look like they really enjoy working here. They always say hello as you pass reception and are happy to help with anything. Thank you Ibis Stratford for making my first week living back in London so enjoyable! Would love to stay here again if I can think of an excuse.

• Stayed April 2014
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis London Stratford and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Funmi Onafeko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Polish first
Rochdale, England
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The rooms are basic, with little to commend them. The free Wi-Fi was exceptionally bad and frustrating when the signal continually disappears.
On a corner by a very busy road junction, bring your ear-plugs, and if the other bathrooms smelled of drainage as badly as mine did, bring nose plugs too.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
8 Thank wroughtironron
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis London Stratford I treat all feedback with the utmost seriousness and am currently investigating the matter. Please feel free to email me on h3099-gm@accor.com if you would like to discuss this further.

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed 3 night at the beginning of Nov 2014. I was very satisfied for the price we paid (£70, non-refundable) and did not have any of the problems. The staff were pleasant and the service was efficient. Room/toilet facilities was clean. Loved this hotel and would like to visit again and again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind comments and compliments. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis London Stratford and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Funmi Onafeko
Gibraltar
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at the Ibis Stratford hotel as it was close to the tube station and offered decent rated per night. We stayed for 4 nights and were greeted by a well informed reception personnel. The lady however offered us just one keycard to the room that sometimes had issues with the magnet strip (I guess it happens when you keep it with phones that have a magnet).

As we had paid in full via the website's pre-booking service, we were allocated a room on the 2nd floor (Room # 207 if I'm not mistaken). We had requested for a non-smoking room and my the looks of this one, it seemed like it was a room where smoking was allowed.
Our first impressions when we entered the room:
- Phone instrument to the reception disconnected and wires bunched up in a corner.
- Burn marks on the wooden platform next to the window
- smell of paint on the walls in the room
- lack of a bin in the room to dispose rubbish (was advised to use the one in the toilet).

Add all this to dingy corridors leading to your room and maintenance of other rooms with bare bed furniture parked in the hallway. We didn't want to complain about it and continued to stay in the same room until the end of booking.

This hotel was a 8 minute walk to the Stratford station and has the Nando's restaurant just outside the hotel entrance. This hotel looks quite run down as compared to the other ibis hotel locations I've stayed at.

I however, would not like to stay at this hotel ever again.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a non-smoking room or request for a change (they promise to resolve any issues...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
9 Thank NashP470
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
I am sorry that on this occasion you were disappointed with your stay at Ibis London Stratford. Please feel free to contact me on h3099-gm@accor.com if you would like to discuss this further . Kind regards,Funmi Onafeko, General Manager
Eye
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed one night at the beginning of March 2014. We were very satisfied for the price we paid (£68.40, non-refundable) and did not have any of the problems highlighted by other reviewers. The staff were pleasant and the service was efficient. Everything in the room/toilet facilities was clean. There was the odd scuff here and there but nothing to cause a raising of the eyebrows. The bed was comfortable. All the toilet facilities worked well. The only slight downside was the noise from the Romford Road but that wasn't too much of a bother (but I have knocked a star off for that). Also, very handy for the Theatre Royal. Didn't use the breakfast facilities so can't comment on them.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the quiet side (assuming there is one).
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Ibis London Stratford. Kind Regards, Funmi Onafeko