“Standard ibis in good location for the Olympic Park”

Ibis London Stratford
Ranked #451 of 1,063 Hotels in London
GreenLeadersGold level
South Wales
“Standard ibis in good location for the Olympic Park”
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as we were visiting the London Aquatic Centre. Great location within easy reach of Stratford station. Reception area was very modern and welcoming, although the corridors and rooms looked a bit more tired. It was a warm night but the air con in the room was completely useless and was just blowing out room-temperature air. So we had to sleep with the window open and endure the noisy road outside. Next time I would try another hotel in the area.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank OldMacD0nald
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to the Ibis London Stratford. We have noted your comments about the air cooling unit which we have since addressed. Please feel free to contact me on h3099-gm@accor.com if you would like to discuss this further. Kind Regards, Funmi Onafeko

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Polish first
Newark-on-Trent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have stayed here 3 times because of the location and price, the last time I stayed was when I was running The London Marathon, unfortunately I got a room on the front of the hotel and they are extremely noisey so I didn't get much sleep, but as far as value goes it is a cheap budget hotel for London and the rooms are clean and comfortable but just not very Quiet, I think next time I would probably pay a bit more and stay in the Premier Inn at Stratford, depending on the price of course.
One other thing to mention there is Nandos at the front of the hotel so no need to travel far for food.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back as the ones on the front near the main road are very noisey
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
IbisStratfordGM, General Manager at Ibis London Stratford, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. I am sorry that on this occassion you were disturbed by the noise coming from outside the hotel. I hope you will give us the opporutinity to welcome you back to the hotel. Kind Regards, Funmi Onafeko
Larkhall, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Great hotel, Great location, clean and very comfortable. We stayed at Ibis Stratford for 4days in April It was a great base to explore from only 20mins from the centre of London. Great bus and tube service and only 10mins walk from train line.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated. I look forward to welcoming you back to Ibis London Stratford. Kind regards,Funmi Onafeko
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed at the Ibis for five nights Monday-Saturday upon moving back to London to sort out a new house. The staff were so welcoming and friendly and I was able to go straight up to my room. I was given a disabled room (I'm not sure why I'm not disabled) but it meant the room was huge and I liked to have the space. The shower was good and powerful, the bed was super comfortable, the TV was a nice size - I can't complain about a thing in there. The lobby area is nice , a little on the small side but is a good area to have a drink and relax. I can't complain about one thing during my stay here. The staff are all fantastic, willing to help and look like they really enjoy working here. They always say hello as you pass reception and are happy to help with anything. Thank you Ibis Stratford for making my first week living back in London so enjoyable! Would love to stay here again if I can think of an excuse.

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and compliments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at Ibis London Stratford and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Kind regards, Funmi Onafeko
Also consider these accommodations in or near London
East End / East London
Holiday Inn Express London Stratford
Epsilon Hotel
#575 of 1,063 in London
The Westbridge Hotel
#102 of 1,063 in London
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,333 reviews

Been to Ibis London Stratford? Share your experiences!