“Terrible - stay away!”
Review of The Railway Tavern

The Railway Tavern
Ranked #369 of 1,283 Nightlife in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Groovy London pub for the City workers, rugby supporters and sport lovers with the odd surprise or two, waiting for our valued customers, great bar snacks too. We have big screens and HD TV'S to show sports on Sky and BT.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I went in here the morning of Friday 1st November for breakfast. When we went inside we were greeted by some girl that just grunted Hi at us. We then proceeded to sit down at a table and look at the menus. No one came over to us to ask if we wanted to order anything, instead the staff seemed to resent the fact that we interrupted their early morning workload of doing nothing.

I asked the girl behind the counter if they were still serving breakfast. She said they were but that we'd have to pay before hand. I said fine and we ordered our English Breakfasts. When our English breakfasts arrived I assumed we were going to be given cutlery, but then had to proceed to go up and ask for cutlery as they hadn't bothered to give us any. The food was not good i.e. I realize why they asked us to pay before hand as I would have refused to pay for that if I had received it before paying.

Apart from the eggs it all looked as though it was yesterdays left over foods. It tasted the same. I ate the eggs and hash browns, then we both left the rest. I've never been to a place where the staff seemed to have such disdain for their customers. It explains as well why the entire place was empty when we went inside. This should have set alarms bells off straight away. We went across the street another pub afterwards and had a really nice breakfast. I will be back in Liverpool Street but I will never return to this dive, ever!!!!

There are newer reviews for The Railway Tavern

Reviewed 21 October 2013

Went on Friday night to have a drink with friends and we decided to order some food... We had an amazing burger board and squid (calamares) rings and its was 1st class... the squid was lovely and It surprised, cause quality and presentation were pretty good, as you can see in the pic.. couldn't resist to register it. I always go to the Railway and For sure will more often have something to eat.

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Looking for somewhere to have breakfast while walking around this area of London we were tempted by the "display" see pic.
The traditional breakfast was well done ;) and my egg benedict was ok but not the best looking. The coffee was lovely.
We should have relised as the place was empty apart from one table of loud tourist students using choice language.
Looked a lovely place I think we just went in at the wrong time.

2  Thank Bunnywunny1
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Popped in for a quick working lunch. Simple meal, burger, ham, egg and chips etc.

Quick service, freshly prepared food which makes a nice change from the usual so called homemade burgers etc. you get around this area which always end up just being frozen dross.

Good option and nice dining room upstairs as previously mentioned.

1  Thank ClanClark
Reviewed 1 March 2012

The pub does good food and has a selection of beers on tap.
It was busy when I went there (Friday afternoon).
When I visited again, we went upstairs to the dining area, which was empty, save for the barman. The area was tastfully decorated and has a good view of Liverpool Street station.