“love it”
Review of Sapori Sardi

Sapori Sardi
Reserve with OpenTable
Sapori Sardi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #343 of 24,429 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$11 - US$27
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Loosely translated as ‘Sardinian flavours’, this cosy family-run newcomer on Fulham Road nails its regional colours to the mast with a menu that highlights the island’s rustic specialties and native produce. Come here for bowls of spaghetti laced with bottarga (dried mullet roe), malloreddus ‘gnocchi’ with sausage ragù and pecorino or monkfish wrapped in Sardinian air-dried ham (served with sautéed courgettes, chilli and mint). The kitchen also knocks out its share of trattoria staples, from grilled calamari with tangy salmoriglio dressing to seafood risotto and calf’s liver with butter and sage.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The restaurant was crowded and busy during lunch time but we managed to fit in without a booking.The staff was very fast, friendly and helpful wherever possible.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

This local unobtrusive Sardinian establisment located at the very western end of the Fulham Road offers food of quite outstanding quality and value. The predominatly Sardinian wine list is imaginatively and thoughtfully compiled. At Sunday lunch our choices included perfectly cooked scallops and superb bruschetta to start with followed by excellent pasta and beautifully cooked John Dory and veal paillard, all accompanied by a delicious Sardinian Terre Bianchi. Puddings involved a Crema Catalan, which travelled extremely well, alongside a light and fluffy Tiramisu and a perfect Pannacotta. The husband and wife owners run the kitchen and the restaurant respectively with great charm and skill. At the table next to us sat Gianfranco Zola and his family and it was obvious that they took equal delight in the fare.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is one of my favorite restaurants in London.

The atmosphere is always buzzing, and alive as it is always full. The decor is welcoming, simple yet elegant and the staff are friendly and helpful. I have always been accommodated when trying to book a table, however I would recommend booking as it tends to be very busy. I would say that this is a great date restaurant, somewhere to come with friends or family or simply a big group dinner.

The food itself is wonderful, fresh and always good. I have never eaten something I didn't like, in fact we often spend days after having gone still talking about the food.

Thanks to a combination of great food, great staff and great atmosphere this has become a very special place to me, and whenever I want to have a great evening I know I want it to be at Sapori Sardi.

I cannot recommend this restaurant enough. If your hesitating whether to go or not, let me make your mind up for you....get dialing and book a table. It really is happiness on a plate.

Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

Easy going atmosphere combined with great food and cheerful service. Spaghetti with bottarga and fish stew were impressive!we'll definitely come back.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

For my birthday meal, I wanted a good authentic Italian meal, something I find hard to come by these days. Did I get what I asked for and they held our table for an hour and half (we were late as always). We had to try the pasta so we opted to share a main for starter. We has swordfish and monk fish for main, and dessert wine for pudding. everything was the best quality, cooked to perfection. The staff were friendly and warm, the chef even came out and spoke to us. He makes all his own bread. If your looking for a romantic meal you won't find better than here. They could charge double the price and I would still go.