“Lovely Italian corner in Fulham”
Review of Sapori Sardi

Sapori Sardi
Ranked #759 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Price range: US$10 - US$26
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Loosely translated as ‘Sardinian flavours’, this cosy family-run newcomer on Fulham Road nails its regional colours to the mast with a menu that highlights the island’s rustic specialties and native produce. Come here for bowls of spaghetti laced with bottarga (dried mullet roe), malloreddus ‘gnocchi’ with sausage ragù and pecorino or monkfish wrapped in Sardinian air-dried ham (served with sautéed courgettes, chilli and mint). The kitchen also knocks out its share of trattoria staples, from grilled calamari with tangy salmoriglio dressing to seafood risotto and calf’s liver with butter and sage.
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely Italian corner in Fulham”
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I've been there with two friends, we decided to try Sapori Sardi after having read all the great reviews on tripadvisor and I must say that our expectations were fully met.
The restaurant has a warm and cosy atmosphere and the staff makes you feel even more comfortable with a friendly but efficient attitude. During the meal the chef came to our table to make sure we were enjoying the dinner.
We had three starters, three mains, three desserts and three glasses of wine for a total bill of £117 (incl. service).
The food was fantastic, highly recommended the "Tagliolini spek, porcini e olio tartufato" (simply amazing) and the "Seadas".
I'll definitely go back again!!

1 Thank Arianna_ITA

• Turkish first
London, England, United Kingdom
“I'd recommend it to anyone”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I came here with a friend that had already eaten here and rated it highly.
Gul was lovely and couldn't have been more hospitable and welcoming. The food was lovely I had the seafood risotto and my friend had the chicken supreme followed by crema catalana which was delicious. We each had a glass of the house red wine which was lovely too!
The atmosphere was great and the staff were efficient. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone.

London, United Kingdom
“Not good value for the money”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

I have been in there just once and I think I will never go back.
I am sardinian born as the owner/chef but I think he moved in London to long time ago and forget what sardinian food is and means.

I have to say that the chef and wife are nice to have a chat with but I cannot say the same about them dishes.

Starter :

mussel soup, absolutely oversalted ! almost uneatable !
Burrata, ok .... diary product, nothing to prepare just to serve

Main :

pane carasau, not at all as must be prepared, really dry cause come straight from oven/microwave

fregola con arselle, fregola itself wasn't fregola at all, more round durum wheat pasta, overall nothing special

dessert :

overall the best dish the sebadas

price per 2 people £ 100 with only a bottle of wine cost £ 24

nevereveragain

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank nevermind73
Surrey
“A truly authentic experience and food”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Booked here with a friend for lunch on Saturday and experienced clean authentically Mediterranean food served in a relaxing atmosphere.

The sheep/goat ham starter is something that definitely has to be tried and the rest of the food was equally enjoyable.

The whole atmosphere and food transports you to Sardinia and with the unobtrusive music playing gently in the background it was truly like a brief holiday time out.

I'll be back, next time with my husband.

Twyford, England, United Kingdom
“Exceptional”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We went here with a friend and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The staff were friendly and welcoming, with the atmosphere being lively though quiet.

Of course the most important thing is the food, of which it was some of the best I've had. We went with the full works: wine, starters, mains, and desserts. The wine selection is formidable and exceptional, properly representing Italian wine with bottles from most regions of Italy. Having traveled in Italy extensively, the food is what one would expect from a family-run trattatoria.

Service was punctual and food arrived in timely manners in line with usual pace. We were given some dessert wine for free; it wasn't particularly to my taste but the gesture was nice. It fit in with the friendly approach to service that was present the whole evening.

Short of the wine, the value was great and we would definitely return if going into London. We'll drink water next time and enjoy the smaller bill from delicious food.

• Visited September 2013