“Lovely place for lunch”

Ranked #282 of 884 Coffee & Tea in London
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here and the woman behind the counter was so nice! Would definitely go back, because it wasn't expensive, good food and good service!

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Foxcroft and Ginger is a small, excellent bakery on Berwick St. in Soho, London, so good that we brought home breakfast from here almost every day that we spent in London. Every baked thing is made right there and served up by a wonderfully helpful and upbeat staff. Scones with butter and jam; croissants and pain au chocolate; sticky buns, fruit filled danish pastries; our granddaughter had french toast with ham, cheddar and honey mustard or a veggie frittata - I tasted both and they were also delicious. There is very much more too for those with somewhat different desires for breakfast or brunch: eggs, porridge, granolas, yoghurt; every kind of coffee you could want; at least ten organic teas. We have a bakery back home that makes us as happy but there are not too many places like this.
While they are designed for relatively early risers, they stay open on Saturday and Sunday considerably later for brunch.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Although loathe to admit it, I do have a fondness for a certain high street coffee chain known not to pay their taxes (Shame, shame on me!) but on a wintry day, I diverge from the norm and head to Foxtrot & Ginger, on a bustling Berwick Street in amongst funky markets.

It’s fun and eclectic and terribly Soho. We order some rich, moist and crumbly cake along with Vanilla Chai and a mocha served in dinky little teacups and saucers, a nice touch. Although the hot water went on the blink, meaning we couldn’t order any more drinks, we did linger far too long, content in our cosy seats having a gossip and watching Soho go by.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

Like some other reviewers we were really looking forward to visiting, and found it early Saturday morning when they had every chance to fulfill expectation. I chose eggs benedict and a simple coffee, and my partner, mushrooms on toast and orange juice. Hers was lovely, very nicely presented, tasty. My eggs benedict were not. It's a tricky dish for an amateur, but a professional cook should be able to manage it properly. Barely warm, eggs too runny, no or next to no hollandaise sauce, but nice bread and good quality ham. I know eggs are tricky but they should be cooked, and not undercooked if they are being paid for. Nice place, not expensive, but distinctly average on the basis of my dish. Fellow diners more friendly than the staff too. We wouldn't hurry back.

Reviewed 6 December 2013 via mobile

Food and ambience memorable. Had high hopes for coffee and thought it ok at best. Double Exptesso barely warm, full of grains and harsh. Staff awesome