“Very nice coffee but overpriced cakes & pastries”
Review of Foxcroft & Ginger

Foxcroft & Ginger
Ranked #258 of 852 Coffee & Tea in London
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Very nice coffee but overpriced cakes & pastries”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Went here for the 2nd time yesterday and enjoyed 2 flat whites & a small pear frangipane tart but taken aback when the bill was over £9??! My friend ordered a cute mini coffee & walnut cake which cost £4 - outrageous. It was no bigger than an avg sized cupcake.
Maybe it's me but I didn't realize small places like this would have the cheek to charge these sort of prices. I'd come back to F&G for their coffee again (at least you have a better chance of sitting down compared to Flat White), but the pastries, lovely as they are, will stay on the counter - better value at the Nordic cafe in Golden Square.

• Visited May 2014

Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What's with the trend for building site decor?”
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

With an hour to kill in Soho I decided to go with my daughter for an espresso. I have the London Coffee app and will always visit an independent rather than a chain coffee shop.
Using the app I randomly decided on this place and ended up sat downstairs where I ordered an espresso.
I had already eaten in a place earlier in the day where the decor is best described as 'unfinished and cheap' and this place was the same! To be fair on the earlier restaurant, it sells itself on its lack of essentials, but this coffee shop just looked like they were having a refit over the Easter weekend but hadn't closed for trade!
The espresso was average, the cup wasn't a proper espresso one with a rounded base inside and a little too acidic for my taste.
Service was well meaning but a bit slow and faffy.

London, United Kingdom
“My favourite Sunday brunch spot”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This place is a great spot on Berwick Street. I like the cozy downstairs, especially in the winter. It is often busy but you can normally get a table. They have a nice range of coffees and speciality tea. Their brunch is fabulous. I can particularly recommend the French toast and the pancakes. My husband is a fan of their meaty brekkie. If you just fancy a pit stop their cakes are great too. The service has always been very good in my experience. It can take a while for food to arrive but that is because they actually cook it rather than nuke it in the microwave.

• Visited April 2014
“A bit pricey, but delicious!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We had our breakfast this morning at Foxcroft & Ginger. We initially acted on the advice of a friend and headed for the Breakfast Club, around the corner. To our surprise, there was a line up to east london, just waiting for a table. So we searched for an alternative and ended up at Foxcroft & Ginger. A cozy place with a nice interior, nice ambience, friendly and hospitable staff and very delicious food. We recommend the pancakes with berries compote, bacon, marscapone and maple syrup! The only minor thing is that it can be a bit pricey, but if that's not a problem then definitely go for it.

• Visited March 2014
Wassenaar, The Netherlands
“Lovely place for lunch”
Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Had a lovely lunch here and the woman behind the counter was so nice! Would definitely go back, because it wasn't expensive, good food and good service!