“Atrocious Service”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Westminster
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Visited here on a recent trip to London before going to see a show as we were running out of time for somewhere to eat. How we wish we hadn't.

We were sat down at a table for 2, which was originally was a 4 which had been separated. Tables felt as if the person behind you or next to you was right on you as very little space between tables. Unlike most of the restaurants in this chain I have been in which are quite relaxed and quiet this was totally the opposite where you struggled to even hear yourself think. Drinks and food were duly ordered which then arrived. This is where the service which can't be described as anything other than garbage started. Whilst my partner was still eating some of her garlic bread starter her plate was taken away. Whilst waiting for our main courses to arrive we were then asked by a member of staff to move table so they could make it back into a 4 and moved us to a 2, never in my life have I had this happen to me in a restaurant. This is where my chair and the person sitting behind me's chair were that close every time a member of staff walked between us my chair was just getting barged into by them without even an excuse me please.

The main courses arrived and were plain average and not as good as any other time we have previously visited an outlet of this chain. Dessert was then ordered and arrived which was supposed to be a sharing sundae - it was only when we received the bill we noticed it wasn't. When someone cleared the table I requested the bill which after 10 mins never arrived.

At this point I was so annoyed with the lack of service and poor experience I spoke to someone in charge as they walked by. As I explained to him everything that happened he looked shocked and even more so when I pointed out we were even made to move tables. He was friendly and very apologetic and even gave us 20% off the bill.

Unfortunately that would not be enough to ever get me to make a return visit to this particular restaurant. If you want a nice quiet meal with good service then I would be looking elsewhere.

There are newer reviews for Little Frankie's

Reviewed 16 April 2014

They dealt very well with the number of people on the day. All was going fine until the waitress took my plate away whilst I was still eating. Yes it was my last mouthful but where is the politeness?.
Table next ot us was served theirmain course when the starters were still on the table.
Special deal menu. We were not given one of these

Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Stopped by after an open bus trip. We had American Deli pizza, Hawaian pizza and meat ball pasta with fresh shredded parmesan on top by the servant, very nice and not as loud as many other places in London.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

This was one of the worst experiences I've ever had in a restaurant. After twenty minutes at the table with no attention we eventually managed to order two pizzas and cheesy fries. The pizzas were limp and wet, tasting essentially like rained-on cardboard with tomato ketchup. The cheesy fries were a complete insult: it was squeezy cheese squirted on cold, sad looking bits of potato. I'm pretty sure it was microwaved. The one good thing I can say about this restaurant is that when the waiter saw our fries he offered to take them off the bill.

1  Thank OHSalvador
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I ordered Fish and chips, my kids pizza and burger from the children's menu. My fish was small, had bones in it and tasted bad, the "specially" beer batter was absolute disappointment. Basically worst fish I´ve had.. so I told them about it, ok, they asked if I wanted something else from the menu I said.. "yeah I guess, burger maybe" and the servant left without me knowing what i was actually getting (type of burger). 15min later she came with a burger and I was happy...until I tasted the burger. No spice/taste, overcooked massive burger with a bun so hard it broke down to pieces when I cut through it.

I gave up asked for the bill and left. Yay she said.. "I took the fish from the bill"... so lucky me. Not. Never again.