“Nice place”
Review of Carpenters Arms

Carpenters Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
Carpenters Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #11,117 of 23,873 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a really nice tucked away gastro pub with a lovely garden.The interior is rustic and homely with a nice fire in the winter.The food is imaginative ,but the menu is not extensive .The wine list is comprehensive.There is a great buzzing atmosphere here and it is really worth a visit.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have always liked eating here although it was a bit above my price range. We first went a couple of years ago and had such beautiful guinea fowl and it has been reliably nice since. However, on our last visit a service charge was added to a bill for 2 people without us being told. I then went to add a tip, but the waitress didn't mention it had already been added and allowed us to pay twice. I accept some responsibility for not checking the bill all the way down but as we were being rushed out I was less attentive than usual. Given that problems with the card machine meant it took three tries to add my extra tip successfully there was plenty of opportunity for her to tell me I'd already paid. I really resent the fact they took advantage of me and it has completely undermined any previous pleasantness.

1  Thank corvus c
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Never disappointing! I have been at The Carpenters Arms at least 5 times, the food is great, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Highly recommended!

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Not sure what I expected from the CA as I have always wanted to visit. The history brought me here and boy was I pleased. The food is fabulous with a real cheeky menu that covers every imaginable dish. The place is warm and inviting and we totally enjoyed spending an afternoon in the company of these very friendly guys. Well done to all.

3  Thank MULCASTER2
Reviewed 24 January 2014

Visiting friends in Chiswick again we always end up at
"The Carpenters " Lovely Traditional Pub with Great service,Great Food wonderful atmosphere warm & cozy & big open fire !!!
Wish we had one in Colchester !

1  Thank David H