“Historical boozer with great food”
Review of Carpenters Arms

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Carpenters Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
Carpenters Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14,066 of 22,564 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
England
“Historical boozer with great food”
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I wanted to see this place due to it's connections with the Kray's. (The pub was owned by them and their mother had her name above the door for a while). The place is one of these places where most things around it have been knocked down and replaced with awful modern buildings, but thankfully the pub has been left alone. I would of liked a bit more info on the Kray's connection to the place, all there was, was a fairly should we say abstract type photo of them on the wall. When I asked a barman a couple of questions about the place he didn't seem to know about any of the history of the pub. A shame.
However we also ate here and the food was semi- gastro style and was very good indeed. Good menu choice, well presented, good service and not stupid money. I know everywhere has to "Move On" but as stated before a bit more info. re the Kray's and this boozer would of made the place for me!

• Visited June 2014

✌️✌️✌️✌️

1 Thank Patricya B
“Nice place”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This is a really nice tucked away gastro pub with a lovely garden.The interior is rustic and homely with a nice fire in the winter.The food is imaginative ,but the menu is not extensive .The wine list is comprehensive.There is a great buzzing atmosphere here and it is really worth a visit.

Visited April 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Reliable food but felt cheated”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

I have always liked eating here although it was a bit above my price range. We first went a couple of years ago and had such beautiful guinea fowl and it has been reliably nice since. However, on our last visit a service charge was added to a bill for 2 people without us being told. I then went to add a tip, but the waitress didn't mention it had already been added and allowed us to pay twice. I accept some responsibility for not checking the bill all the way down but as we were being rushed out I was less attentive than usual. Given that problems with the card machine meant it took three tries to add my extra tip successfully there was plenty of opportunity for her to tell me I'd already paid. I really resent the fact they took advantage of me and it has completely undermined any previous pleasantness.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank corvus c
London, United Kingdom
“Very good traditional food and friendly staff!”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Never disappointing! I have been at The Carpenters Arms at least 5 times, the food is great, relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff. Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2014