“Good location but expensive for the facilities”

Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel
Ranked #568 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We stayed here for one night when we were going to the HMV Apollo. The decor was excellent and the staff were friendly. Due to the rooms being so small there is a huge lack of space to move around the room. i am not sure what facilities that a hotel must have to be 4* but I can't help feeling that every criteria must have been stretched to get 4* status.
A very good 3* hotel though.

Room Tip: We were in room 209. It was very pleasant apart from the lack of space.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank amgv

Reviewed 16 July 2012

+ve

*Rooms are very tastefully decorated and because the hotel is fairly new it is clean and fresh. Nice quality of furnishings.
*Everytime I stay here I seem to get the room for £120 B&B inc. VAT, which I think is incredible value.
*if you need further proof that this is a good place to stay, I am in London a lot and this is close to the office and I try to book this every time.

-ve

*Some of the rooms only have a skylight window. I've been given one once but if this bothers you call before hand and tell them you won't accept that.
*When I first stayed here the restaurant wasn't open so it was only breakfast in the room. Not an issue anymore but I think it is continental only, which doesn't bother me as I don't go for fry ups.

If I could go back in time, knowing what I know now, would I book this again? Yes

Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed on the 9th July and found this hotel to a high standard. The reception I got was friendly and welcoming. The rooms are of a high standard and continental breakfast was good and plenty. I would certainly recommend and will stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This hotel is very clean and newly decorated. The rooms is fairly small but plenty of room to move around. Lovely modern Bathroom, tea and coffee facilities. Well decorated. The breakfast is continental style but lots of cereals,Croisants, toast and juices with Tea and Coffee. The breakfast area is next to reception and its bright and relaxed and again very clean and well decorated. Staff are friendly and efficient.. All in all a nice comfortable stay and literally 5 minutes walk from Hammersmith Tube.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Me: Travel frequently to London. Mostly staying at 4-stars, but sometimes been at horrid 3-stars and very nice 5-stars like Park Lane.

Myself and some colleagues unfortunately stayed a few nights here recently.

Hotel seems to be squeezed into an alley or something, thus the architechture is quite weird.
Many (most?) rooms don't have proper windows. Instead only a single window in the roof. Weird and uncomfortable experience. Like staying in a hole..

Beds are ok. Room clean enough.
Unstable internet.

Very poor breakfast, avoid!

Had a foul smell from badroom, like a dead rat in the drains or something..

No restaurant for lunch or dinner.

Decent service at reception desk but not like a decent standard hotel.

Requested pre-payment instead of a reserve.

No mini bar.

No iron & iron board in the rooms, but can be borrowed at reception.

I've asked our travel team to put this sub-standard 4 star on the "black list" for our travels to London.

Room Tip: If you have to stay here, get a suite on top floor, and make sure you get windows.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank BlueKahuna
Reviewed 29 June 2012

Was in Hammersmith for a concert at the HMV.
We got to the hotel and we have to park the car on a multi story which is a 5minute walk. There is no onside hotel parking.
When arriving in the hotel, we were met by an obnoxious member of staff on reception who was quite rude. After checking in we were issued our room key. The room was still a mess with the previous persons used coffee cups and and trash still in the room. The worrying thing was this was at 16:30! We were moved to another room. We only wanted a room for us to sleep in, as we were out for most of the day. The room has nice decor and 2 beds (we had a triple room). The rooms were very small.
In general the hotel covered all bases, it was ok. Nothing special. Would probably return if in Hammersmith (good night out) but for the price it cost, I am sure we could find something equally as good if not better ...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2012

As you walk into the hotel you are greeted by a beautiful freshly laid carpet and the immaculate decor continues through out the hotel. In the room we stayed in there was a lovely picture of Kew gardens on the back of the room. It was a really nicely set out room as well as lovely bathroom with an amazing shower! However, to say the room was small an understatement! I wouldn’t class myself as a big girl (size12) but I couldn’t walk along the edge of the bed sideways, as there wasn't enough room!! There were also only about 6 coat hangers for a triple room.
At one point I ordered two small glasses of wine and was served 25ml (a shot) of wine. I told the bar man that he definitely had given me a short measure, in the end I had to show him which the measure was for the wine. He also poured them in 2 different wine glasses (im not a wine glass snob) He then continued to top up the wine in the large wine glass and not in the small wine glass. I asked for a radio in the room (each room should come with one) the same bar man promised to bring me one, needless to say it didn’t arrive.
In the morning it was a buffet breakfast with a brilliant offer and all the bar staff were really helpful, really efficient and polite. I asked for croissant and it was brought to my table.
I would happily stay there again, but only for a night, any longer and I think I would find it hard to deal with the lack of space – I do understand an inner city hotel is going to be space, but I do also expect to be able to walk around my bed.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends