“Lovely breakfast, clean & tiny room, close to Tube station” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN PLUS Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel

BEST WESTERN PLUS Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel
Ranked #479 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Vancouver, Canada
“Lovely breakfast, clean & tiny room, close to Tube station”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights with my parents. With the price we paid, everything in this hotel met our expectation: nice and clean room with modern design, free wifi, breakfast with choices more than just a continental one, and very decent neighbourhood. We also didn't have any issue with the room size as we knew that this is LONDON!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LovelyPrincessJu
seraphinegm, General Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Guest

I am really grateful for your lovely feedback and would like to thank you on behalf of my team. I can assure that your feedback is very important for us to maintain our high standards and continuously improve services, so that our guests are always feel comfortable and enjoy their stay with us.
Once again, I would like to thank you and looking forward to serve you.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

We arrived at the hotel unbelievably early hoping on the off chance that we would get our room. To our pleasant surprise the receptionist was very accommodating and we were allowed in.

We had booked the room which had a sofa bed so unlike other reviewers we did not have an issue with the room size. In addition the bathroom was massive (although it did not have a bath).

Unfortunately the sofa bed was very uncomfortable. When this was mentioned to the receptionist they sent someone with extra duvets to try improve things. It did help a little but it was still a bit uncomfortable.

The breakfast had a very good mixture of fruits, cereals, yogurts, pastries, breads, drinks etc..

Good Points

Price
5 mins walk from Hammersmith tube station. Which is a 20 min tube journey to the centre.
Friendly and helpful staff
Free Wi-fi
Modern and clean hotel and room

Not So Good Points

Uncomfortable sofa bed
It is possible to get into the hotel and walk around to the rooms during the day and evening without going past reception.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your feedback and assure you that your feedback is very important for us to improve and maintain our standards to keep our guests happy and pleased during their stay.
I apologise for inconvenience you had due to uncomfortable sofa bed and I can assure you that all preventive measures have been taken to solve this issue.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and looking forward to serve you in future.

London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had to think long and hard about whether to write this review, because strictly speaking it is not related to the actual stay, then thought the whole point of this site is to share your experience so that is what I am going to do!..

My husband booked a night at this hotel partly because we wanted a night out in London and for convenience as I work in Hammersmith. I had a piece of jewellery which was expensive but more importantly of huge sentimental value which I had left in the hotel room as we left for a night out. We then checked out of the hotel the next day and went on our way, then I realised I didn't have the jewellery so you do the standard checklist of where you could have left it and first on my list was obviously the hotel. I called reception and explained, was told someone was going to check the room and call me back again. I received no call, this happened FOUR days in a row when I finally got through to someone who actually did check, by which time of course any chance of finding it would be long gone, I was told I would be called by a manager of course didn't get a call. By which time the emotional stress of situation was taking its toll and I had to accept it was gone. Now I know that it is my responsibility and my fault for leaving it in the room, and I am not accusing anyone of theft, But the complete lack of customer care, empathy and honesty was shocking. They were uninterested, unhelpful and simply didn't care, all they had to do was check the room and no one could be bothered.

I work in a large corporate company in Hammersmith, I often need to stay in Hammersmith when I need to work late, I would never stay here again, I have also shared this information with my colleagues. As aside, it's above a noisy betting shop, the breakfast is very very poor and there are better options.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mstraveller78
Sheffield, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here for a London trip to celebrate my daughters birthday so a party of 2 adults and 3 "kids" so we had a triple room and a double executive.

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. They helped us organise transport into London and a taxi back which was cheaper than the normal hackney cab (unfortunately the taxi firm wasn't too helpful but that's not their problem). The hotel is a little way out of London (about 7 stops ish) on the underground which is 5 mins walk away and the same distance from the bus station. A taxi into central London is around £35.

The triple room was lovely. We had a double executive which was beautifully appointed considering the price (considering London prices). The layout wasn't great though. At the end of the bed was a flatscreen tv built into a piece of furniture. You couldn't get through easily unless you contorted your body around it.

I don't want to be negative about it as it is a good, higher than basic hotel with great staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us feedback. Your feedback is very important for us and always looking forward to meet guests' expectations.
As, we are boutique hotel and all rooms are in different sizes and have different set up from each other, but still we have taken it into consideration to resolve this issue.

I hope that, in future also, you will consider our hotel for your stay and give us opportunity to serve you.

Gothenburg, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights for a long shoppingweekend. Booked the somewhat more expensive executive double room. I dont know were the extra money went as the room was an "average" room and had nothing "executive" about it. It was a tiny room.
The room had recently been renovated as i could still find bits and pieces of building material lying around. One small metal piece was clearly visible on the bathroom floor for 3 days and was not cleaned away. And it seems like the room was done in a hurry, there was paint on the curtains. A lamp shade was broken. Come on!
I wasnt too annoyed by these things but it gives you the idea that the hotel owner/staff just doesnt care.
The staff was very friendly and helpt us with more than we could have expected.
The location is quite good. You have several tube lines about 250meters from the hotel. One with service to heathrow. You also have some shops and a smallish mall right outside and you have the huge Westfield shopping centre just 10minutes away with the tube. I would consider staying here again given a good rate.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpr78
Trier, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 December 2013

Former backpacker with low expectations booked Executive double room
What are the British Criteria for 4 stars? I did not experience 4 stars feeling at all (and we have already stayed in more than a few)
Have a look: Beds 1,40m (for 2 person), freestanding, we did not sleep!, even if I had such a small bed at home in former times
Small and noisy when windows open
Nice photos here in the internet, but….when arriving the Indo Brit reception team told us there must be a misunderstanding with photos and they only had this one kind of red rooms and the official photo are only exemples (but we found these photos also at the entrance door sign)… I was told then that we had to book then rooms for 300 Pounds in the Centre
Ask to see more rooms as terrible strong cleaning smells in 2 rooms (others even smaller, so I choose the stinking room, even if normally do not smell anything)
Heating did not work then at the beginning, even if there is an individual regulation in room, but not working. Our heating was organized centrally and we had to ask several times to have it switched on, then after freezing some hours….
We had to pay all when arriving and before entering the room. The rate was different from booking rate. They explained us that it is the daily change rate for the pound.
No minibar
Breakfast room comparable to Etap/Formule 1 style-> hall feeling
No fresh cheese

Good: free Internet point at the reception
3 metro lines crossing
free water
breakfast ok, as included, but nothing special
Tipp, Leaving the Metro, The William Morris Restaurant nearby has a big choice of great meals with good prices and great international and british atmosphere

Room Tip: if you come alone, it might be big enough, then choose a double room and you will feel good