“Don't under estimate this little gem !!!”

Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel
Ranked #543 of 1,069 Hotels in London
LISA
“Don't under estimate this little gem !!!”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here for 3 nights for our wedding anniversary.
We were able to check in early. Friendly staff, wasn't told that wifi is free, but then we didn't ask either.
Got a cracker of a deal via trivargo, perfect.
Bout 30 minutes from centre of London.

Breakfast was included continental what's not to like ?
The other Reviews state the rooms are small, yes they are however, we have paid more for the same/ similar size rooms else where.
Safe (free), flat screen tv, hair dryer, even a diffuser (they thought of everything).

Cleanest hotel I have ever Stayed at.
Room cleaned daily, towels changed lovey boutique hotel can't recommend enough
Location is brill.

Hammer smith itself is lovely has a lot of restaurants, bake haus and weather spoons either end of the road.
Really lovely stay, highly recommend.

Thanks :)

• Stayed February 2014
seraphinegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking time to provide lovely feedback about your stay. I can assure you that your feedback is very important for us to improve quality and service for our guests to provide them friendly environment during their stay.
Once again, thank you so much for choosing our hotel for your stay and looking forward to serve your in future as well.

Area General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
Reviewed 1 February 2014

I was working in London on a long term basis and stumbled across the Seraphine Hammersmith by accident one night, whilst going out for dinner with my wife. It turned out to be a happy accident and in the end I took one of the rooms on a permanent basis, and both my wife and I used the hotel as a base, whilst I was working in London and across England.

Rooms: Yes they can be on the smaller side, but they are clean, tidy and modern with aircon. And in the end - the Seraphine is a boutique hotel, where every room is individual in size and design. The staff are fantastically friendly, reliable and nothing is too much trouble. If you are looking for a property with gigantic rooms, beds and plastic smiles - this property is clearly not for you.

Food: breakfast is more than adequate; cooked options are available (I didn't try this because my waistline was already under pressure.) A dine in service is available - and this being Hammersmith, plenty of external options are also available.

Transport - three tube stations are within five-seven minutes walk. And a substantial number of bus services pass the front door. The front desk can also arrange private hire cars at very reasonable rates.

Shopping: Until you drop plenty to choose from - and open pretty late at night too. The area is a safe one - well lit and secure as is the security at the hotel - (And every room has a decent sized safe.)

Arun and his team run a great individual property; where each guest is not only a customer, but a welcome guest to the property. The AA rate the property at four stars, (it's a Best Western Partner hotel) and day in day out they live up to the rating.

Will I return after an extended stay. Yes, without question and fairly soon too. And in case you are wondering - I have no connections with the hotel, other than a satisfied customer.

Room Tip: Room 101 was not my favourite!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
seraphinegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, 11 February 2014
Dear guest,

I am very thankful for your feedback and it's really very helpful for us to improve quality and service for our guests, so that they can enjoy and feel comfortable during their stays. I am personally thankful for choosing our hotel for your stay to give us opportunity to look after you and glad that you have enjoyed staying with us.

Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014

The room was clean and well decorated. Bed was comfortable. Apart from random ambulance sirens, I couldn't hear any other noise from the street. Staff were polite and professional. The only down side was a strange smell in the room. All my cloth got that smell as it was fairly strong! It could be because of cleansing material they use!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

1 Thank Mehdi S
seraphinegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear Mr Mehdi

I would like to say thanks for staying with us and giving us opportunity to serve you. Also, I apologise for any inconvenience you may have during your stay with us and assure you that all corrective measures have been taken to solve these issues.
Once again, I would like to say thanks for your stay and look forward to serve you in future.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I stayed there for 2 nights with my parents. With the price we paid, everything in this hotel met our expectation: nice and clean room with modern design, free wifi, breakfast with choices more than just a continental one, and very decent neighbourhood. We also didn't have any issue with the room size as we knew that this is LONDON!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank LovelyPrincessJu
Dear Guest

I am really grateful for your lovely feedback and would like to thank you on behalf of my team. I can assure that your feedback is very important for us to maintain our high standards and continuously improve services, so that our guests are always feel comfortable and enjoy their stay with us.
Once again, I would like to thank you and looking forward to serve you.

Glasgow
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We arrived at the hotel unbelievably early hoping on the off chance that we would get our room. To our pleasant surprise the receptionist was very accommodating and we were allowed in.

We had booked the room which had a sofa bed so unlike other reviewers we did not have an issue with the room size. In addition the bathroom was massive (although it did not have a bath).

Unfortunately the sofa bed was very uncomfortable. When this was mentioned to the receptionist they sent someone with extra duvets to try improve things. It did help a little but it was still a bit uncomfortable.

The breakfast had a very good mixture of fruits, cereals, yogurts, pastries, breads, drinks etc..

Good Points

Price
5 mins walk from Hammersmith tube station. Which is a 20 min tube journey to the centre.
Friendly and helpful staff
Free Wi-fi
Modern and clean hotel and room

Not So Good Points

Uncomfortable sofa bed
It is possible to get into the hotel and walk around to the rooms during the day and evening without going past reception.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for your feedback and assure you that your feedback is very important for us to improve and maintain our standards to keep our guests happy and pleased during their stay.
I apologise for inconvenience you had due to uncomfortable sofa bed and I can assure you that all preventive measures have been taken to solve this issue.
Once again, I would like to thank you for your feedback and looking forward to serve you in future.

London
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I had to think long and hard about whether to write this review, because strictly speaking it is not related to the actual stay, then thought the whole point of this site is to share your experience so that is what I am going to do!..

My husband booked a night at this hotel partly because we wanted a night out in London and for convenience as I work in Hammersmith. I had a piece of jewellery which was expensive but more importantly of huge sentimental value which I had left in the hotel room as we left for a night out. We then checked out of the hotel the next day and went on our way, then I realised I didn't have the jewellery so you do the standard checklist of where you could have left it and first on my list was obviously the hotel. I called reception and explained, was told someone was going to check the room and call me back again. I received no call, this happened FOUR days in a row when I finally got through to someone who actually did check, by which time of course any chance of finding it would be long gone, I was told I would be called by a manager of course didn't get a call. By which time the emotional stress of situation was taking its toll and I had to accept it was gone. Now I know that it is my responsibility and my fault for leaving it in the room, and I am not accusing anyone of theft, But the complete lack of customer care, empathy and honesty was shocking. They were uninterested, unhelpful and simply didn't care, all they had to do was check the room and no one could be bothered.

I work in a large corporate company in Hammersmith, I often need to stay in Hammersmith when I need to work late, I would never stay here again, I have also shared this information with my colleagues. As aside, it's above a noisy betting shop, the breakfast is very very poor and there are better options.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank mstraveller78
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We stayed here for a London trip to celebrate my daughters birthday so a party of 2 adults and 3 "kids" so we had a triple room and a double executive.

The staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. They helped us organise transport into London and a taxi back which was cheaper than the normal hackney cab (unfortunately the taxi firm wasn't too helpful but that's not their problem). The hotel is a little way out of London (about 7 stops ish) on the underground which is 5 mins walk away and the same distance from the bus station. A taxi into central London is around £35.

The triple room was lovely. We had a double executive which was beautifully appointed considering the price (considering London prices). The layout wasn't great though. At the end of the bed was a flatscreen tv built into a piece of furniture. You couldn't get through easily unless you contorted your body around it.

I don't want to be negative about it as it is a good, higher than basic hotel with great staff.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking time to provide us feedback. Your feedback is very important for us and always looking forward to meet guests' expectations.
As, we are boutique hotel and all rooms are in different sizes and have different set up from each other, but still we have taken it into consideration to resolve this issue.

I hope that, in future also, you will consider our hotel for your stay and give us opportunity to serve you.