“Ideal Hammersmith location.”

Ranked #547 of 1,069 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Ideal Hammersmith location.”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here when attending an event at Hammersmith Apollo and very close to venue. Hotel spotlessly clean, room very pleasant and staff very friendly. Plenty of facilities nearby, bars, food and shops.Only criticism would be the beds could be bigger, but we did book a double. Would definitely use again.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

First, let me say that I've been lucky enough to stay with friends when I've been in London and that this is the first time I've stayed in a hotel in the city. I've also stayed at a lot of Best Westerns in Europe, Canada and the US so I do have something to compare it to in terms of experience. Now, I can respect the fact that property prices are high in London and most things are going to be expensive but at the same time as a traveler, you want to have some feeling that you're getting good value for your money and that you're stay is as comfortable as possible. The room I received just seemed like they tried to make use of any space within the building they could put a bed in. The room was extremely small. The single bed was nestled between two walls so essentially you had to slide in. The room was also the end of the building so the wall didn't seem insulated because of the cold and you could hear the street noise. The layout of the room is also a bit of a joke. There were 2 chairs and the rack you could place your luggage on. You can not traverse the room with all three in the center, the room is that small. I had to take 1 of the chairs, physically lift it and move it to the door just so I had a path to the bathroom and space to move in the middle. The only place then that one can change is the center of the room. The only problem is there is a low hanging light that I kept hitting when I put on a shirt. Even worse than the room is the bathroom. It is unbelievably narrow. You can not even stretch your arms out. It is like an airplane washroom. If you are over 6 ft tall, you will have a problem using the toilet. I'm 5'10" and when I sat down my knees where hitting the opposite wall, it is that narrow. The room also did not come with a remote control. I've tried to be as objective as possible, trying to look at the positives and the context of where I was but I can not shake the fact that what I got was smaller than a hostel room or student dorm. If this is what 170 GBP gets you in London, then I'll probably stay in a bed and breakfast or with friends next time.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Chris R
Hampshire
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Basic but very clean and comfortable. Staff were helpful and courteous. Bed on small side but adequate. Good shower. Continental breakfast included but could pay £9.99 extra for cooked full English. Wondered if it might be noisy as on main road but not a problem at all.
Perfect location for Hammersmith Apollo, just a 5 min walk. Also within walking distance of shops and Westfield Centre.
Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I came with a group of friends for our birthdays. It was booked about six weeks ago. When we arrived at 18.00 we were told that the rooms were unavailable due to repairs that they only found out about today.
They also informed us that we would have to move to the sister hotel in Kensington. A taxi was provided.
When we went on to the web we find the hotel was fully booked. Which was not a surprise.
We were lucky that we had not booked something locally. However there was a restaurant in the area that we were eager to visit.
In this modern age you would have thought that they would have phoned or e mail to let us know.
My advice would be ring before you travel or go some where else!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Booked this hotel for an overnight stay for me and my boyfriend whilst we were in London seeing a concert at the eventim apollo. Prime location being near to the tube station, some good shops, pubs and the venue as well. Our stay was lovely, I really enjoyed being at the hotel and only wished we were there longer! Modern, sparkling clean, well decorated and the staff were polite and helpful. I loved our room, it was a reasonable size and the bed was comfy and everywhere was spotless. The bathroom was nice and the shower was amazing, really powerful. There was a hairdryer in the room and tea and coffee making facilities and also air con. Continental breakfast was provided with the room charge and was of a good quality, there was lots of choice. Would definitely recommend this hotel and would 100% return to this hotel again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tasha_alice1994
Boston
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This a really nice hotel and a great base for a trip to London. Check in was quick & easy and the room, whilst compact, was of a very high standard with a really nice bathroom & shower. Tea & coffee in the room as well as a hairdryer and air con too although you can open the windows for ventilation if you prefer. Stay also included breakfast & Wi Fi.
Hammersmith tube station is about 10 mins walk away making easy access to central London.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Oleggio Castello, Italy
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I've been to this hotel many times in the past two years. Basically every time I am in London on a business trip. Conveniently located near Hammersmith tube station and a couple of nice restaurants. Rooms are small but comfortable and clean. Definitely value for money.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business