“Put room 202 in to room 101!”

Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel
Ranked #545 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Smethwick
“Put room 202 in to room 101!”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I contacted Best Western who contacted this hotel to tell them it was my 50th birthday celebration. They responded by putting me in room 202. So far, so good. When I got there and walked it seemed OK. Then as we went to bed following a night out it started ... the knocking noise from the hotel banner directly outside of this room. Every 2 mins for 8 hours. I complained the next morning following no sleep. "We'll deal with it" was the reply so I went out and returned several hours later to the same room. The maid had been and left no milk, no shampoo and no toilet paper! Worst still was the second night. No attempt to deal with the sign problem meant I spent a second sleepless night and have come home from my celebration weekend feeling shattered. Their final response? A 10% discount off my next stay. Next stay ... you have to be joking .. simply dreadful. Please avoid like the plague.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Elvis123
seraphinegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +44 (0) 208 6000 555.

Arun Sharma
Area General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Smethwick
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Frankly a ruined 50th birthday experience at a hotel where i was promised "the best room" and got a disaster in terms of noise from the sign outside of our room .. yes you've guessed it 202. "Yes I'll deal with it" was the reply to my complaint after day 1. Response .. nil so a second sleepless night. To add insult to injury the maid left us with no milk, shampoo or toilet paper! Geez, what a great hotel this is.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

4 Thank Elvis123
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Booked this hotel, for myself and my daughter (14) as it was central to places to visit, but most importantly close enough to go and see Panic at the Disco at the Hammersmith Apollo (9th May '14)
This hotel did NOT dissapoint!

Just as they say, they are a short walk from the train station, you need to walk as far as "Primark" We were greeted by the receptionist with a welcoming smile. We were instantly given our door card, and were given our free WiFi codes.
The thing that instantly took my notice, was the comfortable soft carpets, and the Clean quality smell.
The room exceeded my expectations. The decor, cleanliness, was lush, the bathroom spotless. After a long train journey I had the BEST shower of my life!! A rainforest shower- head above, washed away the stress of the day.

Breakfast in the morning, that is included in the price, was Continental, was a plenty!! Toast, fruit, cereal, tea, coffee, juice, cheese, croissants (the latter were ULTRA soft!!) filled us up for a day of wandering around and for our train journey home.

If an opportunity comes again, that a London trip will be a must, then I will make it my mission to stay at this 4* hotel again.

It had a boutique feel to it.

Thank you so much guys, for your warm welcome and accommodating me with a slightly later checkout.

Xx

Room Tip: Only stayed here the 1 night. Although bang in the high-street, with windows shut, I heard no noise...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +44 (0) 208 6000 555.

Arun Sharma
Area General Manager
BEST WESTERN PLUS Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel
Leicester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The room was clean, a bit on the small side,nice shower, bed comfy and had good storage for overnight bag. The access was dreadful so many stairs, if you didn't use the lift but it only went to some floors. Overall the place was busy but I wasn't disturbed at all by noise.

Breakfast was a bit limited and the staff were variable, some were friendly some were not. It was handy for my business but probably would stay here again because of the expensive and inconvenient parking and the stairs

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Yeovil, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 May 2014

we have recently stayed for two nights in this hotel, location brilliant for getting to the West end . we were a little disappointed when checking in as the girl on reception seemed a little rude, on seeing our room we were quite surprised at the standard especially the shower room very modern and exceptionally clean the bedroom itself very dusty and could have done with a good hovering.
Breakfast on the first morning a disaster same rude girl on reception, every table left with dirty dishes, no clean glasses or cups were available as no staff around asked receptionist who slouched off for some.
Day 2 what a change different staff on duty very helpful ,couldn't do enough for us, breakfast a very pleasant change from previous day well organised to say the least.
Glad we stayed the extra night or we would have gone away with the wrong impression

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Spent three nights in this hotel - nice rooms - good size and friendly staff - breakfast was continental - if your looking for full English - you wont get it here! apart from that all good. The hotel is centrally located in Hammersmith - just a short walk from the tube and with ample pubs and restraunts neer by.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business