“Basic- disappointing service”

Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel
Ranked #561 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

Hotel is a good, stop over hotel and the facilities, basic as they are, are good for the price.

What is poor is the level of customer services. The girl that checked me in could have done with a smile or two. Same at breakfast where it was a free for all, guess the seating arrangements. Worst of all was the check out, which itself went ok but when I asked for a taxi to be called it took 10 mins for one to appear and it was a dodgy unlicensed one (no licensed details and no meter) , but as I was running late already I had to take it. I got the impression that the guy that checked me out had arrangements with the taxi driver that collected me as he came out the hotel to the door where I was waiting to reassure me that the taxi was coming and then disappeared around the corner on his mobile phone then voila-a taxi shortly appeared. Not impressed!

Be careful if your a lone female and considering doing likewise from this hotel!!!

Stayed: June 2014
seraphinegm, General Manager at Best Western Plus Seraphine Hammersmith Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at +44 (0) 208 6000 555.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I have stayed in Best Western hotel all over Europe and they are all good and this was also good and clean. As with most European Hotels the rooms and the bathrooms are on the small side. Our room would be good for a single person traveling on business. The continental breakfast is OK not great.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I often use this hotel for business trips to London as our office is based in Hammersmith. It's a great location just along from the tube station and handy for shops/bars. The rooms are quite nicely decorated and have all the essentials. The staff are pretty friendly too. I did stay once and had no hot water in the shower in the morning which was a bit slow to be sorted out so had to use a colleagues room, but did manage to get it sorted by the next day. The breakfast is super basic but there are plenty of coffee shops to grab something close by if you didn't want to pay for it at the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This hotel has a particular significance for me , I am researching my family history and this hotel is situated in the building that my great grandfather owned and lived in . He lived here when he got married and my grandmother was literally born over the shop . It still has the deco tile cladding that Woolworths put on in the 1930s when my great grandfather sold his business to them . The downstairs is still a KFC and a slot machine arcade but you enter between these and take the stairs or lift to the first floor reception area . This is also where the restaurant is located for breakfast . It is clean , bright and modern as are the rooms . Other reviews mention the rooms being small , they are not the most generous size rooms I have ever stayed in but they are fine if you intend to spend the day out sightseeing and just need somewhere to sleep . The bathroom is equally bijou but have good quality fittings and a fairly genourus size shower . The bed was very comfortable and there was a clock with docking station , ok if you have the iPhone 4 but not the 5 . Bottled water was provided as were a selection of teas and coffees . There was a safe , luggage rack and an armchair . The bathroom had a good well lit mirror as well as a shaving mirror . All in all it was everything we needed for our weekend in london . A few minutes walk from Hammersmith tube and city line . And next door to Primark ! Perfect as it was raining on Saturday and we had forgotten to bring a brolly . We were able to park in the side road after 6.30 for free until 8.30 in the morning . It was free to park here all day on Sunday too , again ideal for exploring london using the tube . There is 24 hour parking at the local shopping centre just a few minutes away for weekday parking , costs around £30 for 24 hours .

Room Tip: It is typical of hotel chains , good quality beds and bedding , good bathroom fittings , clean , bri...

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at +44 (0) 208 6000 555.

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Excellent location, good continental breakfast but tiny room and bathroom overlooking an internal yard. I would stay here again because it was clean and the location was good, but be prepared the bathroom is absolutely tiny and walking around the bed to get to the wardrobe space is not the easiest

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Reviewed 12 May 2014

I contacted Best Western who contacted this hotel to tell them it was my 50th birthday celebration. They responded by putting me in room 202. So far, so good. When I got there and walked it seemed OK. Then as we went to bed following a night out it started ... the knocking noise from the hotel banner directly outside of this room. Every 2 mins for 8 hours. I complained the next morning following no sleep. "We'll deal with it" was the reply so I went out and returned several hours later to the same room. The maid had been and left no milk, no shampoo and no toilet paper! Worst still was the second night. No attempt to deal with the sign problem meant I spent a second sleepless night and have come home from my celebration weekend feeling shattered. Their final response? A 10% discount off my next stay. Next stay ... you have to be joking .. simply dreadful. Please avoid like the plague.

5  Thank Elvis123

Reviewed 12 May 2014

Frankly a ruined 50th birthday experience at a hotel where i was promised "the best room" and got a disaster in terms of noise from the sign outside of our room .. yes you've guessed it 202. "Yes I'll deal with it" was the reply to my complaint after day 1. Response .. nil so a second sleepless night. To add insult to injury the maid left us with no milk, shampoo or toilet paper! Geez, what a great hotel this is.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB