“Over priced with hefty service charge.”

Restaurant at Brook Green Hotel
Ranked #5,445 of 22,692 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Over priced with hefty service charge.”
Reviewed 28 April 2013

Went for Sunday lunch with my partner and son. I had roast pork which was okay. The overall dish was nice but luke warm. I waited at least 5 minutes for the vegetables to arrive which eventually came along with my partners roast duck. My son had lamb which was tough to cut. Overall an okay place but probably won't go back. The bill was too much money for what we had and included a £7.00 service charge.

• Visited April 2013

wales
“most expensive bread”
Reviewed 3 April 2013

we ate here tonight for the second time, the last time was last summer during the olympics. The food this time was not neary as good. Service was poor even though there was very few tables taken. It took nearly an hour before our main course was brought to the table. The real shock came when the bill came and we found that we had been charged £5.99 for bread! I cannot remember having been charged anything anywhere else, but would have gladly paid a reasonable amount. I did not complain as those with me did not want the fuss. However I refused to leave a tip.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank goldcherub
London
“A real anti-climax”
Reviewed 24 March 2013

My wife and I ate here on a Friday night and were drawn in by the busy bar and comfy surroundings. As a restaurant it was sadly lacking. On the plus side the Northern Irish lady who served us was a gem, very friendly and helpful. Firstly the setting...the stairs this at the back of the bar, nicely laid out but right next to a semi outdoor conservatory area which doubles as a smoking lounge. The seals on the doors are not snug and therefore the smell of cigarette smoke wafts into the dining room which is unpleasant when eating. I have no issue with smoking areas but when they invade a restaurant it needs needs rethinking. The food...the menu reads well. Unfortunately the food way under delivered. The fish board - out of smoked salmon so replaced with goujons of something, this meant the fish board was basically a fried mixture of bits plus a smoked mackerel pâté. The beef and ale pie was fine, a good puff pastry lid and reasonable gravy surrounding the beef. The vegetables that came with the pie were pre-cooked and reheated in a microwave rendering them soggy and tasteless. I suspect most of the food was out of the freezer and into the frier or oven. Lazy cooking at its best. The bar was busy and people were in and out of the hotel door suggesting these two parts of the business do well, the restaurant seems to be the less loved part of the family, no surprise that there were only 3 tables in on a Friday night. We will return for a drink but will avoid the restaurant.

1 Thank PuttersLondon
North Petherton - Somerset
“Good Pub Grub”
Reviewed 6 March 2013

The title says it all, all freshly cooked and served with a smlie. Was piping hot and tasty. Not a large selection, however what they did, they did well.

Visited February 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Cocktails Downstairs!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Went to the basement cocktail bar at the Brook Green hotel and it was sensational! Great big booths to share with your friends and excellent tasting plates of food if you get a bit hungry. Tried a few cocktails but the Chili cocktail was one of the best I have ever! Plenty of beers and wines and other drinks if cocktails aren't your thing.

• Visited February 2013