“Really enjoyable”
Review of Ephesus Cafe and restaurant - CLOSED

Ephesus Cafe and restaurant
Cuisines: Turkish
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We went here initially for coffee, but also ended up have lunch. We shared a hot meze and also had a beer each. Service was prompt, efficient and friendly, the food was fantastic and very fresh.
Maybe judging by the previous reviews we got lucky, but both of us commented afterwards how good it was and how reasonable the cost was, the restaurant was quite busy and seemed to have a good mix of people.
Cannot really find fault.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Unlike other reviews we didn't have to wait long for the main meal to arrive, in fact they hadn't even cleared away our starter plates before the mains arrived. The food was mediocre, nothing to rave about. The bill was way more than it should have been, if you go check your bill! Once we paid the waitress came back and demanded the service charge and refused to leave our table until we did, to the last penny may I add, which of course you're not legally obliged to pay.

Reviewed 20 July 2013

I visited Ephesus for a late lunch recently. There were only 4-5 other tables occupied, so it was not a busy time at all. I ordered from the two courses for £5.95 special lunch menu. The service was ridiculously slow despite there being so few customers. My starter came reasonably quickly but the wait for the main course was interminable. After nearly 40 minutes I complained and ask where my main course was and was told that they had to deal with a large take-out order. However, I didn't see anyone arrive to take away a large order - I think it was simple an excuse that they use. The waiting staff didn't really seem to care at all and this is borne out my comments from other reviewers here. Another irritation was a stuck CD playing the same phrase again and again and again. The food is really nothing great at all - you can get much much better Turkish food in Dalston and with better service also. On this visit I planned to give Ephesus one more try, having been dissatisfied on previous visits. That's it for me now. I am not going back.

Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

The service is terrible, if you want to see the worst waitor in the world, come here! There was a fly in my drink, the waitor said its from outside. The hummus was dried out, the bread was rock hard. If McDonald's did falafel it would taste like this!

Reviewed 3 June 2013

It seems like quite a few people had the same experience.. had to wait ages to be served and they weren't busy - just too busy looking around outside
When we were served they just seemed like they couldn't be bothered.. to be fair the women were nice but the men were quite rude.

The food was ok, bit overcooked. The bruschetta was more like a slice of deep pan pizza hut slice.. Not at all what we were expecting! Someone else on the table next to us was getting really grumpy because he had asked for sauce 3 times and they didn't bring it over - I don't understand how they can forget when there were only half a dozen tables to be served, and 4 people serving!

It was a sunny sunday afternoon so it was nice to just sit and people watch - but with average food and pretty poor service, it's not somewhere I will be running back to.