“IMAX screen at Empire Leicester Square”
Review of Empire Cinemas

Empire Cinemas
Ranked #105 of 397 Fun & Games in London
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We saw Edge of tomorrow in 3D on the new IMAX screen and it was a great experience. The size of the screen is HUGE which really immerses you in the movie. The sound system is the best I have ever heard! We sat pretty centrally (H35) and some of the effects really sound like their in the cinema. The 3D intro just before the movie starts makes you want to dodge the flying graphics. At £18 each it's a lot to watch a movie but this is an experience like a theme park ride!

All reviews
"films"
in 9 reviews
"showings"

Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This great cinema in the heart of London is a great place to watch a film. It shows great art house or documentaries as well as cinema releases. They also have a great snack bar and Bar for all your requirements.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Very good theatre, comfy seats, plenty if space and good 3D although I expected more of the IMAX.

We saw The Edge of Tomorrow - surprisingly good. It seems they picked the most successful concepts from previous blockbusters, added Tom Cruise, a big budget and loads of CGI! Should be renamed Groundhog D-Day Transformavatar Davinci Code.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Love this cinema. I have been many times to see many different films. I always book my tickets in advance so I can avoid queuing on the busy nights. Collection points are easy and fast to use. The foyer is always clean and tidy. Love the hot dogs. The screens are really nice too. They have extremely comfortable seats. I'm a big guy - 6'2 and always have a good amount of leg room. I always recommend this cinema over the Odeon in Southend as its just better in every way. Would Love it if they got an IMAX screen here, although I am more than happy with the IMPACT experience they offer. I would however recommend a loyalty scheme.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great cinema, with over 12 screens and smaller studio screens. Screen 6 has all luxury seats is the IMPACT screen where they showcase the big box office films on a close to IMAX experience (does cost more). Tuesday nights are half price and they accept orange Wednesday codes on a Wednesday. We often go to this cinema and have a great experience. Book on-line and get the option to upgrade to free premium seats.

1  Thank Shpaniel