“Real Ale Drinkers Paradise”

The Craft Beer Co Clerkenwell
Book In Advance
More Info
US$33.78*
and up
Historic Pubs of London Walking Tour
Ranked #82 of 1,288 Nightlife in London
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Visited on a Sunday afternoon, the place was quiet as it is located in the heart of Hatton Garden business district which is shut on a Sunday. None the less absolutely excellent choice of real ales. You cannot help but find ones that you will enjoy. We loved the place and the atmosphere. No fruit machines pool tables and the like.........a proper pub.
Go you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

Recommended by friends so while visiting London we thought we would investigate. My husband was delighted by the choice of real ales available, he thought he had died and gone to heaven!! Shame no scotch eggs left though. Early Saturday evening and it was heaving with a great crowd of people and a cross section people too. Once you are in there you wouldn't want to go anywhere else. This place is well worth the visit. We compare this to the Wellington in Birmingham which is also superb.

Reviewed 21 February 2014

This is a cracking little boozer with a big range of beers, maybe a bit biased towards Roosters and Fyne when we visited but excellent nonetheless. Real cross section of drinkers in a nice atmosphere. Downside; a fiver for half a Pork Pie prompted the Yorkshire War Cry - 'How Much!' Okay they were quality brands but whoever priced these must have had just a few too many pints of Cannonball when they did it.

Warning - if its fizzy mainstream Lagers you want, steer clear!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

My first visit here a year or so ago made me want to come back here. It was pretty empty on my first visit as we went there early. This time around on a Saturday evening it was very busy however there was no struggle to get to the bar and order. If you are expecting to play it safe and have Stella or Fosters etc then don't come here, you won't find and you will unlikely know most of the beers on offer. The clientele were mainly 30+ which suited me just fine as it gave the pub a more sophisticated feel. As expected, there a lot of beers and ales on tap, at least 35 different beers + all the bottled beer in the fridges. You really need to start here early and try different beers, the staff are very knowledgeable in what beers they have and will always recommend something based on your requirements. I can't wait for my next visit!

Reviewed 4 February 2014

A truly excellent selection of beer and a bunch of staff who seem to really care what you drink. Wonderfully helpful. Busy as well, so it seems I'm probably not the only person who goes back again and again...