“Tasty Thai in a handy central location”
Review of Busaba Eathai

Busaba Eathai
Ranked #760 of 23,392 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Covent Garden
Description: Busaba is a Thai flower. Eathai is a fusion of the words eat and Thai. Differing from formal dining establishments, Eathai represents a Thai casual dining venue, offering a one-course dining experience devised to feed you with minimal fuss. Fifteen years on, Busaba still offers a much coveted, flavoursome selection of freshly prepared salads, stir fries and curries. The menu also features Asian-inspired juices and smoothies, as well as a simple yet selective wine list. Tucked between the Long Acre and the Royal Opera House, Busaba Covent Garden is superbly placed for a relaxing pre-show meal for Londoners and tourists alike.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Nice bit of choice on the menu, curry dishes, pad thai and noodle options with some soups and salads on there too. Was very busy as it was a Sat night visit. Friendly staff, cute interior (dark woods and benches) really liked the fact that the dress code was casual. Didn't have to wait long from ordering to receiving food and all 4 of us were happy with our choices. Nice choice of beverages also. Would recommend for a tasty bite to eat in a great location.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

This place reminded me of a more intimate wood-decorated Wagamama - big dark brown heavy wooden tables were shared with strangers in a well lit busy little eatery. Food was good and served fast - the pepper squid was adequate and the massaman and thai green curries were good. Menus offer a range of Thai beers, including the famous and much loved Chang, as well as exotic fruit juice cocktails. This place is tucked down Floral street, literally 2min walk out of Covent Garden tube so its great to catch a bite before heading off into the London night, or indeed grab something tasty before heading back to work. This is my second time in this place and I dare say I shall return. There are better Thai places out there, but this one is value for money since most other Thai restaurants charge a premium for dishes.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Popped in here on the way to the theatre. I had only been to the one near Selfridges, but this was very similar, albeit in a smaller place. The service was great and the food was nice and spicy. It used to be cheaper, but for London not bad.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I went to this restaurant with 2 friends, arriving at 20.45. The restaurant was only half full so I assumed service would be quick and efficient. When I sat down I waited 5 minutes for a waiter to come and offer me a menu and a drink, and when I ordered a simple guava juice, I waited 20 minutes for it to arrive, even though I reminded the waitress. We then had to wait to give a food order, and then we waited for food for 40 minutes before being told that the kitchen had forgotten our order and we would have to wait 10 more minutes. As compensation for this all they offered us was tea. We then heard the people next to us saying their food was far too salty and it had to be replaced. When our food arrived the prawns in my dish were extremely overcooked and the dish was cold and tasteless. This opinion was shared by my companions about their dishes, and we were disappointed because the food here is not cheap compared to other restaurants of the same food type and supposed standard. There was very little apology from the staff, and I will certainly not be dining there again.

1  Thank operadiners
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Not used to this chain of Thai restaurants and therefore unsure what to have, and having an allergy to bell peppers, I was informed that they don't use them, only chillies. So I chose the Pad Thai and my two men (Husband and 1 son) chose a chicken dish. We added prawns, fishcakes and chicken satay and loved it all. Next time in London we won't pass it by!