“Good local food”

Queens British Steak House and Grill
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Queens British Grill in Wanstead, London is a true British Steakhouse, our steaks are all rare breed, 28 days hung, as well as offering gourmet food and delicious desserts for all tastes in a warm and welcoming environment. We offer market-fresh fish, vegetarian options, a generous choice of sides and mouth-watering Sunday roasts. The restaurant holds 40 covers comfortably and is also suitable for groups and occasions.
Uk
“Good local food”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

This was my third visit to Queen's and never let's me down. On this occasion is was for a birthday so we made full use of the Taste card deal of 2 for 1 (other deals available, visit website).

I love the decor in here with its open kitchen, wooden beams and partial brick walls sorted around the restaurant. From the outside the building is Tudor in look but on the inside decorated with modern features, comfortable seating and nice cutlery to eat with, especially the steak knives. It may not have the gaucho ambience or the wood oven goodman's flavour but this is good local food giving simplicity an excellent name along with its own character.

The staff were very knowledgable and went in to great detail regarding any ingredients, service was also always with a smile.

There are a good variety of dishes available including fish but as all the steaks are dry aged cattle and hung for at least 35 days we both went with food from the grill. Mine was the 18oz Porterhouse which was served on a lovely wooden board which came with rocket and some baby plumb tomatoes. The other dish was a 14oz sirloin, both were medium rare as ordered and were excellent cuts of meat. We shared some mash potato which was creamy and seasoned as well as the steak and also had cream of spinach which also has some nutmeg and all the food together gave some great combinations of flavour. We also had some side sauce served in delightful little 'gravy boats', both the mushroom and green pepper sauces were lovely.

Before the mains we decided to have some starters, I went for the soup of the day which was a superb cream of mushroom soup, it was creamy, garlicky and was served with a nice hot roll. The soup had excellent consistency also. The other dish was scallops with bacon, a bit of garlic and was served on a hot plate, beautifully presented and bursting with salty flavour.

After our super sized steaks there was no room for dessert, which was a shame as the dessert selections sound really good. We left extremely happy after paying the bill of only £50 which included a few soft drinks.

Follow me on twitter @gastrogreglarr for more reviews

• Visited April 2012

London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Quality service and top drawer meat!”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

Highly recommended! My girlfiend and I enjoyed a lovely meal here. The service was exceptional, with a meat-board example available to help you choose your steak of choice.

As for the food, this was delicious! My girlfriend had scallop and bacon as a starter, which were succulent and very tasty. I had pork ribs.............again juicy and very very tasty.

I had the 10oz sirloin for main.........it was perfectly seasoned and cooked spot on! a beautiful piece of meat, as was my girlfriend's steak...................the house fries were quality too!

All round excellence, and I can't wait for our next visit!!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Lawlessspire
“Best bit of steak ever”
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I have been to the queens a number of times now and never been let down with the food it has allways hit the spot and on leaving allways thinking when will I be back, 10oz fillet(med/well allways perfect) sweet patatoe mash and creamy spinich mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
because I could have it every night carnt wait to try a Sunday roast might go later.

London
“Best steak in London”
Reviewed 28 January 2012

This was my third visit to Queens and I just love the food here. I have to say that the steak is cooked to perfection, beautifully tender and just so tasty.
There's a good selection of sauces. There's also a great compliment of sides (I think we tried most of them). There's a great list of wines.
If there was one thing critical thing I could say it would be that in January, it was a little chilly inside. The staff are fairly pleasant and attentive.
It is the best steak I've had in London!

• Visited January 2012
London, United Kingdom
“Steak as soft as butter”
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Visited Queens with the girls for lunch,chose not to have starters as we'd all been told how good the steaks were,but also very filling.However the breads that our waitress brought us were lovely,warm&fresh.The 8 ounce fillet(medium) that i had was as soft as butter served in a quirky way on a board .I ordered the house fries with mine as a friend had visited previously & had recommended them instead of the fat chips,we had a mixture on the table but the house fries were best.Deserts looked lovely going past our table but we were too full as we had drunk a nice Pinot Grigio blush with lunch.Will go back though to try out deserts & perhaps the ribs that looked good.Friendly service as well.

• Visited January 2012